There are newer employer reviews for CDW

fun

I have been working at CDW

Pros

room for growth, financially, hooray

Cons

great job if you like making calls all day and thinking outside the box

reviews filtered by

Its playing the lottery while wearing a tie in a cubicle.

I worked at CDW

Pros

If you get lucky you can get "assigned" an account that will get a pile of money a time or two.

Cons

I don't know where to start, cold calling all day, leaving when you are scheduled to go home is looked down upon, pay makes creating a budget impossible, your primary income is commission with a miniscule salary and most of your day you aren't even able to try to sell due to endless, mandatory meetings and conference calls, I left years ago and still occasionally have nightmares that I work there.

Stop changing things and then reverting to the old structure two weeks later. It's like we were all in some crazy experiment.

2. Fast, fun, competitive environment

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growing industry with good commission potential. Exciting opportunities and very fast paced. Always something new to learn and teams are competitive.

Cons

Low base salary compared to other sales jobs. Working in a team environment is fun and helpful but there is quite a bit of childish gossip which gets old. Customers can be taken without warning so you waste a lot of time monitoring your accounts and explaining over and over again why you deserve to keep working with your assigned customers.

Rather than meetings with the entire sales team more time could be spent coaching less tenured employees and growing them individually - the more seasoned Account Managers have large, complex projects that command most the discussion during a meeting. It's unlikely for 1 year Reps to get much out of experiences shared here or to apply advice of a manager when it doesn't pertain to them yet.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW