CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Solid company with opportunity to make good money if you are willing to work hard

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at CDW for over 10 years so obviously I think they are doing something right. I have interviewed for a few other jobs during that time but most were going to pay the same or less and I would have to travel more. Sales positions have the ability to make good money if you stick it out a few years and work hard. Work/Life balance has gotten much better in the last 5 years or so. Many coworkers have the ability to work from home a day or two a week. The culture has changed a lot over the past few years too but is still an energetic and

Cons

The first few years in sales at CDW are going to suck. I doubt this is that different than at many other entry level sales jobs but you need to understand that going into it. There is a lot of turnover among the new sales account managers as they tend to be right out of college with unrealistic expectations of working 9-5 and making 6 figures right away.
There is a huge difference in the quality of the first level of managers. Many are great but some shouldn't be in charge of managing a 5 year old's birthday party. There are also so many managers now that the chance of getting promoted beyond that is slim. A lot of sales managers have left recently for greener pastures.
The bureaucracy now is much worse than it used to be and sometimes it is difficult to get anything done.

I know that part of the deal with being a public company again means we have to answer to more shareholders than before, but it pains me to see the number of cycles wasted on attempting to forecast sales and profit. As a company, we are not good at it. Our systems and coordination among departments for that are terrible and we waste a lot of time trying to get a perfect number out of a far from perfect system.

655 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Licensing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Licensing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My job is pretty challenging and gives me lots of satisfaction. Lots of training and growth opportunities.
    I enjoy the people I work with, the customers I've interacted with, feel like my management team cares about me.

Cons

Sometimes it'sdifficult to get internal transfers and promotions becasue of a large pool of qualified candidaes.

Great company with excellent growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unique culture of respect and inclusion
    Fast-paced
    Clear strategy for growth
    Engaging leadership

Cons

If you don't like working hard, you won't like working here

Continue sharing your vision for the future along with the needs of today

There are newer employer reviews for CDW