CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Solid company with opportunity to make good money if you are willing to work hard

Current Employee - Solution Architect  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at CDW for over 10 years so obviously I think they are doing something right. I have interviewed for a few other jobs during that time but most were going to pay the same or less and I would have to travel more. Sales positions have the ability to make good money if you stick it out a few years and work hard. Work/Life balance has gotten much better in the last 5 years or so. Many coworkers have the ability to work from home a day or two a week. The culture has changed a lot over the past few years too but is still an energetic and

Cons

The first few years in sales at CDW are going to suck. I doubt this is that different than at many other entry level sales jobs but you need to understand that going into it. There is a lot of turnover among the new sales account managers as they tend to be right out of college with unrealistic expectations of working 9-5 and making 6 figures right away.
There is a huge difference in the quality of the first level of managers. Many are great but some shouldn't be in charge of managing a 5 year old's birthday party. There are also so many managers now that the chance of getting promoted beyond that is slim. A lot of sales managers have left recently for greener pastures.
The bureaucracy now is much worse than it used to be and sometimes it is difficult to get anything done.

I know that part of the deal with being a public company again means we have to answer to more shareholders than before, but it pains me to see the number of cycles wasted on attempting to forecast sales and profit. As a company, we are not good at it. Our systems and coordination among departments for that are terrible and we waste a lot of time trying to get a perfect number out of a far from perfect system.

624 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

Amazing company to work for

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been a coworker for over 15 years, and CDW is an amazing company! In this time of employees being more of a commodity it is nice to work for a company that truly appreciates their coworkers. During the challenging economic times CDW worked hard to remain successful while keeping their coworkers. That is not common in this day and age. This commitment along with an environment that encourages both professional and personal growth is what makes CDW a top employer.

Cons

As CDW Continues to grow there are sometimes challenges with streamlining processes. While this is a challenge, they seem to continue to work efficiently and provide excellent service to the customers.

Continue to promote a culture that empowers your coworkers to grow professionally and have work life balance.

Great place to work

I have been working at CDW

Pros

CDW is all about promoting within and improving each individual to make then more valuable to the company.

Cons

Remote locations don't get as many perks as the home office.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!