There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Solid company with opportunity to make good money if you are willing to work hard

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been at CDW for over 10 years so obviously I think they are doing something right. I have interviewed for a few other jobs during that time but most were going to pay the same or less and I would have to travel more. Sales positions have the ability to make good money if you stick it out a few years and work hard. Work/Life balance has gotten much better in the last 5 years or so. Many coworkers have the ability to work from home a day or two a week. The culture has changed a lot over the past few years too but is still an energetic and

Cons

The first few years in sales at CDW are going to suck. I doubt this is that different than at many other entry level sales jobs but you need to understand that going into it. There is a lot of turnover among the new sales account managers as they tend to be right out of college with unrealistic expectations of working 9-5 and making 6 figures right away. There is a huge difference in the quality of the first level of managers. Many are great but some shouldn't be in charge of managing a 5 year old's birthday party. There are also so many managers now that the chance of getting promoted beyond that is slim. A lot of sales managers have left recently for greener pastures. The bureaucracy now is much worse than it used to be and sometimes it is difficult to get anything done.

Advice to Management

I know that part of the deal with being a public company again means we have to answer to more shareholders than before, but it pains me to see the number of cycles wasted on attempting to forecast sales and profit. As a company, we are not good at it. Our systems and coordination among departments for that are terrible and we waste a lot of time trying to get a perfect number out of a far from perfect system.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. Awesome work place...

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Shelton, CT

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment, great partnerships with a lot of people, good benefits. you can make alof of $$$ here as long as you work. If CDW isn't a place, it is a great spot to start and get a lot of experience for another position either inside the company or somewhere else.

Cons

Some territories are not as lucrative as the next so, it will get challenging.

Advice to Management

Spend time on the younger employees. Rather than just hiring more.

2. Great company to work for!

Pros

Excellent leadership, positive career development, good benefits, company values, career path, great work/life balance

Cons

Pay is below industry average

CDW Response

May 28, 2014 – Senior Manager

Thank you for the 5 star rating for Senior Management. CDW is lucky to have a CEO that believes that investing in our leaders and holding high levels of accountability is one of the biggest ... More