CDW

www.cdw.com

It's not what it used to be

Small Business Account Manager (Current Employee) Mettawa, IL

ProsThe money is definately there if you're willing to work for it. The people that you meet there are for the most part fun loving and you're pretty much assured to find yourself a very solid group of friends. Depending on your skill sets, ambition, and patience there are more than just a few positions there that will certainly earn you more than a six figure salary. There is an overall feeling of friendly competition and commaradery that serves well for any sales driven individual.

ConsBecause the company is over 25 years old, the larger accounts that have real potential to spend are pretty much taken. That being the case, you have to work a LOT harder these days starting out to build a book of business. They don't do anything for you in bringing you new (good) leads so you're pretty much on your own. Even if you decide you want to purchase your leads, you still have to take into account that there is a very real possibility that those organizations are already in the system and most likely being worked. There is also a lot of "red tape" for lack of a better word that you'll end up dealing with internally to fill orders for your customers. More than you should have to deal with working for an organization with our capabilities that is. Your manager can make or break you. In the event that you get one with a "hands off" approach or one with a "by the book" attitude, you will find yourself VERY frustrated and finding a way to work around that will put a lot of stress on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetaining talent was listed as one of the goals for 2010. CDW needs to do a lot more to take a proactive approach in assessing who they consider worth retaining, and working with them in a no nonsense manner to correct the issues that they bring to the table. You'll find that the ones that are ready to leave, still love what they do, they simply are losing faith in their companies ability to or willingness to help us do what we tell our customers we're going to do for them.

Not simply a start, CDW can be your home!

Technology Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros: In reading other reviews of my company I decided to write my own. To anyone questioning if they should take a job offer from… Cons: sometimes the different sales groups tend to compete with one another, be it inside vs. field executives or even managed services teams. We… Advice to Senior Management: Please dont take for granted the more tenured Account Managers who have put in their dues to earn large customers; we're losing some great talent… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

stereotypical corporate environment - with tons of perks

Senior Federal Account Manager (Current Employee) Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros: great benefits, good money earning opportunity, ongoing training, great resume… Cons: lost in the mix, strict rules, little insight to upcoming… Advice to Senior Management: just increase the communication, and increase training on the more complicated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CDW.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!