CDW

www.cdw.com

Effort Effort Effort..... Dialing for $'s doesn't matter how much you sell, just make more calls!

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) Mettawa, IL

ProsOne of the best things working at CDW provides you is opportunity! Opportunity to grow personally and career wise. Most people will come in as an entry level account manager. Put in your 12 months without performance issues, and then you can move any where in the company. The move is usually to an easier job, with better pay!

ConsAt CDW you have to be ready for a very idealistic management team. They do take surveys and try to get a feel for what we want, but they never really get the jest of what we're trying to say. They are too concerned over "effort numbers" (the way our work is daily evaluated) and not concerned as much for the end result. (In other words, someone can make 20 calls a day, be on the phone for three hours, and sell $5000, but they were supposed to make 55 calls, three hours on the phone, and sell $2500. So they get in talked to, because they obviously did not put as much "effort" in as the other person!

Advice to Senior ManagementCome do our jobs for a day! Stop trying to think you understand what we go through on a daily basis. It's much different from when you used to do this job!

CDW is a good launch pad

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros: It is a pretty good job. The downfalls are that advancement can be a little slow at first. As with any sales job, this is… Cons: The downsides are that management may be a little disconnected at times. Also, the copmany tries cheering up disgruntled employees not by helping with problem,… Advice to Senior Management: I would ask them to take more of a sincere interest in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are great perks for working at CDW.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at CDW

Pros: There are a lot of perks at CDW, especially if you are in sales. You have the ability to make as much money as… Cons: The benefits aren't the greatest, not bad but could be better. Also, they hire a lot of kids out of the college for not… Advice to Senior Management: Don't keep us in the dark. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CDW.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!