CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Effort Effort Effort..... Dialing for $'s doesn't matter how much you sell, just make more calls!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Mettawa, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mettawa, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros

One of the best things working at CDW provides you is opportunity! Opportunity to grow personally and career wise. Most people will come in as an entry level account manager. Put in your 12 months without performance issues, and then you can move any where in the company. The move is usually to an easier job, with better pay!

Cons

At CDW you have to be ready for a very idealistic management team. They do take surveys and try to get a feel for what we want, but they never really get the jest of what we're trying to say. They are too concerned over "effort numbers" (the way our work is daily evaluated) and not concerned as much for the end result. (In other words, someone can make 20 calls a day, be on the phone for three hours, and sell $5000, but they were supposed to make 55 calls, three hours on the phone, and sell $2500. So they get in talked to, because they obviously did not put as much "effort" in as the other person!

Come do our jobs for a day! Stop trying to think you understand what we go through on a daily basis. It's much different from when you used to do this job!

626 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

CDW is a good launch pad

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros

It is a pretty good job. The downfalls are that advancement can be a little slow at first. As with any sales job, this is to be expected. Once you do put in some hard work, and time, things will begin clicking. Also, the compensation is good for a job fresh out of college.

Cons

The downsides are that management may be a little disconnected at times. Also, the copmany tries cheering up disgruntled employees not by helping with problem, but by buying them things. This shows they are only interested in temporary solutions. Although this puts a bandaid on the situation, it does nothing for long-term morale.

I would ask them to take more of a sincere interest in their account executives. Not just worry about how much money we make them.

There are great perks for working at CDW.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at CDW

Pros

There are a lot of perks at CDW, especially if you are in sales. You have the ability to make as much money as you are willing to put the work towards. Also, the vendors praise Account managers because they sell their stuff and will give you free stuff, gift certificates, take you out to dinner and lunch, etc. CDW also looks out for what is best for it's employees, most people would disagree with that, but it is definitely true. It is corporate America so nothing is perfect...

Cons

The benefits aren't the greatest, not bad but could be better. Also, they hire a lot of kids out of the college for not too much money. It can take 2 or 3 years to start making good money, but you can get a base paying job for more then the base at CDW.

Don't keep us in the dark.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!