CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Good place to learn the ropes... and that's about it..

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mettawa, IL
Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Mettawa, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros

As a new college graduate, CDW was very good to me in regards to training and teaching me how to successfully work in the IT industry. After 2-3 years at CDW as an Account Manager I had become very marketable to other IT companies in the industry. (Manufacturers and competitors)

Cons

Staying past LOS 24 was a waste of my time.. (for the non-CDW folks, they measure their employees Length Of Service in MONTHS not years.. very telling).. CDW continuously decreases commissions by raising goals and/or trimming your account base by 20%.. They always give a good organizational reason for the changes but the net effect is always the same, less money in your pocket.. After 2-3 years I knew everything I needed to know to move to a competitor in the area that doesn't play games with compensation & accounts.

Stop playing games with Account Manager's goals and customer bases.. You are encouraging your best and brightest Account Managers to leave.. They will rebuild their success over and over again until they eventually realize they can get off the CDW treadmill and rebuild somewhere else.

684 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

The leaders at this company do not lead by example, nor do they follow what they preach!!!!

Current Employee - An Anonymous Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - An Anonymous Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW

Pros

Good benefits. Company is holding up strong, especially for a tough economy... but that is mainly because the employees who are not liked and have talent but have to work so much harder to pull the weight of those who are liked and do not pull their weight.

Cons

Moral is very low and that is company-wide. Leaders follow a "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy and there is ALWAYS a big catch whenever this company is trying to give you something. Work/life balance almost does not exist, but they trying to sell it like it does. Promotions are generally based on who is most liked rather than who is most qualified. Business ethnics needs to improve and it starts from the top down.

When the economy recovers, the talented will definitely leave!!

I am generally not one who complains.... I am just simply stating all the facts!

Just please stop being greedy and change. The executives preach accountability but yet they hold everyone else accountable for their actions, but blame other for makes they make, never taking accountability. Please take accountability for your actions and start doing what is right.

Simply put, there are many good people working here, both front-line managers and especially at the coworker level and it if weren't for their ideas, hard work, dedication and contribution, you wouldn't be where you are today.

Thank you.

3 Managers in less than a year

Current Employee - Account Manager in Voorhees, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Voorhees, NJ

I have been working at CDW

Pros

The vendors/Manufacturers always bring in lunch or take employees to happy hour.

Cons

Management thinks that there are hundreds of undiscovered companies that the other 300 employees haven't found yet. They want you to prospect to find your own accounts within a defined territory. There's no way to make money here if you can't find qualified accounts.

Pick a new account manager and try working their accounts for a day.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW