Up and coming!

Current Employee - Technical Specialist II in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Technical Specialist II in Chicago, IL

Pros

Constant perks - food - giveaways - shirts - etc. Plenty of flexibility to attend local events and industry conferences.

Cons

Organizational structure sometimes separates groups that need to work more closely together. Lack of expertise in important markets. Flexible residency requirements can encourage too much travel.

Advice to Management

Fill open positions faster! Focus more on services. Publish more blogs / whitepapers for public consumption. Cooperate more with "the community" - user groups, events, etc.

Other Employee Reviews for CDW

1. There is no way to save this sinking ship

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The only thing that is making me happy right now here at CDW is that the vendors are spending more money towards contests and trips that you can win. My pay check over the last 7 years has dropped due to accounts being taken or moved.

Cons

The managers don't know what they are doing half of the time. I have a manager who has been with CDW for less than 3 years and this is their 1st job out of college. The pay sucks and I am back to making the money that I 1st made when I started with the company 7 years ago.

Advice to Management

Like everyone else posts on this site, you need to treat the sales reps with more respect and better pay. We are the ones who are making money for the company to pay your paycheck. Also, you need to trim down on how many managers/directors there are. I feel like I am in the movie "Office Space." Every month someone is being promoted to some new job position that was created out of thin air.

2. Working q

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

I like the people I work with, and also like that we are not micromanaged and can choose when we can take breaks and lunch . Lots of resouces on sight Strong management team-The best teach the best But it is not a job for everyone.

Cons

Wish that the pay was better! $25K is NO way to make a living in Chicago where cost of living is very expensive. The cons are alot of cold calling and none of these leads are provided. The book they give you in the beginning, are mostly terrible accounts. Management thinks there are all of these new buisness wanting to buy technology Hearing that it will take 2 years to see ROI

Advice to Management

Don't tell us that in order to be successful we need to be there prospecting 12 hours a day. People have limits and a life outside of CDW