Great place to start a career, but you really have to manage your experience

Former Employee - Associate Director  in  Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Associate Director in Arlington, VA

I worked at CEB

Pros

Great colleagues, strong work-life balance, access to senior executives from all industries, great place for big picture thinkers and those who love breaking down big challenges. Great feeder for business school

Cons

Highly consensus driven, bordering on slow; research-focused, so be careful about how you position yourself or you may find it difficult to move to other consulting firms. Managers can be very inconsistent, and you often have to push to get promoted b/c criteria is unclear

Think hard about speed to execution. Competitors are putting a greater amount of timely information into the market place and beating us. You hire really smart people, let them loose!

Other Reviews for CEB

great place to start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB

Pros

Immediate and irreplaceable exposure to the key issues and challenges faced by senior executives. The amount you learn about the way a business runs from the very top to the very bottom in such a short period of time is astounding. Good work/life balance. Good office location.

Cons

Base salary appears competitive when hired from outside, but college hires are held low. Takes a long time to "get the hang of" what we do. Business model can get frustrating, with a Research team producing our products/services, a Revenue team selling them, and an Advisory team helping clients interpret them.

Horrible. Stay far away

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CEB

Pros

the salary is just decent
    nice commission potential

Cons

horrible horrible training, or lack thereof

fire everyone and start over

There are newer employer reviews for CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!