There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Great life-work balance, good growth opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience at CEB really depends on which function and practice you work in. If you work in sales, especially at an entry level position, your job won't be too exciting and pay is not that great. If you work in research, the pay is more competitive as CEB hires entry-level analyst positions from Ivy League universities. But even within research the work-life balance is variable depending on which practice you are in. I have heard mixed things from my colleagues. But in my own personal experience I work 40-45 hours a week, and receive adequate compensation. Although the base pay is relatively low (~50k for campus hires), bonuses can range upwards of 40% of base depending on performance.

Cons

There is a lot of inefficiencies and bureaucracies. The quality of the job at CEB will definitely depend on who your manager is. Mine is a pleasure to work for, but I have heard some not-so-good stories.

Advice to Management

Review manager performance to make sure that they are able to keep their direct reports motivated and satisfied.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible, back-stabbing culture

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CEB full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

had to identify; pay is good but we are always 2nd fiddle to BCG and the real established shops

Cons

where to begin... i have directly observed politicking, back-stabbing, rumor mongering, and the use of sex in attempts to advance internally at CEB.

Advice to Management

Look for team players and those who represent the brand you are trying to portray to clients. the disconnect between the pernicious, haughty internal culture and the trusted partner you want clients to perceive you as is just too great to be credible

2. Account Director

Former Employee - Account Director in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Account Director in Arlington, VA

I worked at CEB full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good process and value for companies to have when economic times are good. The sharing model does seem to be beneficial to all members.

Cons

The company has an intensely strict oversight and management- too many cooks in the kitchen. It seems the upper management is made up of intense individuals that are un-relatable to most, so they need genuine people to represent the company and then try and coach those representatives into their own mold. It is a culture bias that leads to failure.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some freedom to create their own style and you will not have to control them and force them to come across with the same deficiencies the management personifies.