CEB
www.executiveboard.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great life-work balance, good growth opportunity

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

ProsThe experience at CEB really depends on which function and practice you work in. If you work in sales, especially at an entry level position, your job won't be too exciting and pay is not that great. If you work in research, the pay is more competitive as CEB hires entry-level analyst positions from Ivy League universities. But even within research the work-life balance is variable depending on which practice you are in. I have heard mixed things from my colleagues. But in my own personal experience I work 40-45 hours a week, and receive adequate compensation. Although the base pay is relatively low (~50k for campus hires), bonuses can range upwards of 40% of base depending on performance.

ConsThere is a lot of inefficiencies and bureaucracies. The quality of the job at CEB will definitely depend on who your manager is. Mine is a pleasure to work for, but I have heard some not-so-good stories.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview manager performance to make sure that they are able to keep their direct reports motivated and satisfied.

Terrible, back-stabbing culture

Sales Executive (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: had to identify; pay is good but we are always… Cons: where to begin... i have directly observed politicking, back-stabbing, rumor mongering,… Advice to Senior Management: Look for team players and those who represent the brand you are trying to portray to clients. the disconnect between the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

good company for the experience

I have been working at CEB

Pros: good environment. the people are friendly Cons: too much work. work-personal life balance. low pay More
There are newer reviews on CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CEB CEO Thomas L. Monahan III. All reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees.