CEB

There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Internship

Former Employee - Business Development/Sales Intern in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Business Development/Sales Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at CEB as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great learning experience, you work with a lot of very smart people and even get to have lunch with some of the executives, including the CEO. The culture is very youthful and, as far as the internship experience goes, after talking to a lot of my friends who interned at other companies, this internship is definitely one of the better ones. You get to speak with some of the leading business leaders in your practice, which is great for developing your oral communication skills, and they also plan a lot of fun outside-the-office activities, like going to a Nats game, helping out at a soup kitchen for a day, as well as happy hours. Great experience, would definitely recommend doing it.

Cons

You can sometimes feel sort of lost. Meaning, you aren't given very specific directions as to how you should approach various tasks.

Got to meet many of the executives at CEB. Very smart and driven.

545 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

Great learning experience, great people, performance reviews require politicking

Current Employee - Associate Director in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great skill building organization that prepares you to succeed in current and future work environments.

Cons

Performance reviews for promotional considerations tend to require politicking and merit alone will not always get you the desired outcome.

Calibrate more broadly across a larger talent pool so individuals in strategic company growth roles are rewarded for driving a disproportionally high amount of org value.

Great life-work balance, good growth opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The experience at CEB really depends on which function and practice you work in. If you work in sales, especially at an entry level position, your job won't be too exciting and pay is not that great. If you work in research, the pay is more competitive as CEB hires entry-level analyst positions from Ivy League universities. But even within research the work-life balance is variable depending on which practice you are in. I have heard mixed things from my colleagues. But in my own personal experience I work 40-45 hours a week, and receive adequate compensation. Although the base pay is relatively low (~50k for campus hires), bonuses can range upwards of 40% of base depending on performance.

Cons

There is a lot of inefficiencies and bureaucracies. The quality of the job at CEB will definitely depend on who your manager is. Mine is a pleasure to work for, but I have heard some not-so-good stories.

Review manager performance to make sure that they are able to keep their direct reports motivated and satisfied.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB