CEB

www.executiveboard.com
  www.executiveboard.com
There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Great initial step, given great responsibility early, not challenged over time

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB

Pros

CEB is a great place to start your career. A lot of young folks at this company and a lot of entry level positions available. If you know the right people and pull the right strings, you can move internally into a position that you could never get at another company at your age/experience level.

Cons

CEB is well known for paying less than the norm for most positions (outside of Sales) due in part to the age and experience level of the people they hire. There are clicks in this company and so if that is your thing (not mine) you will be very happy on that front. Management is constantly changing their mind on things, resulting in organizational changes every 3 months and rarely does it seem like there is a solid direction we are headed before it is changed. As a best practice research firm, we very rarely follow our own advice concerning HR, Finance, and Corporate Strat.

Tom (CEO) needs to go. We need leadership that has a consistent focus and direction and so either this is Tom's fault of that of the GM's. Shift out the GM's or get us a new CEO. Start reading your own research...it is time we start practicing what we preach, especially when we are doing exactly what we tell our members NOT to do.

545 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

Good place for eager recent IVY-league grads

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at CEB

Pros

good people, nice office. It's a good company if you want to learn SALES. Not so good if you want to do legitimate, not rigged, research.

Cons

no promotion potential, no job security, shrinking client base = shrinking value vested by the company's leadership in their employees

fire Tom Monahan

It was a great place to work until the lay-offs began ...

Former Employee - Manager In TMT
    Former Employee - Manager In TMT

I worked at CEB

Pros

I loved my time at CEB. I was very happy and really enjoyed my job and my work colleagues. Senior Leadership was always sketchy so that never phased me but in hind sight, I realize how dishonest they were with staff. I wish that they had come to each department in November / December last year with the news that the company wasn't doing well and that those who had other opportunities should take them. I turned down an opportunity in November only to be laid off in February. Not CEB's fault that I missed the opportunity, of course, but if my manager had a better idea of things to come, I migth have been given better advice than stick around ... you'll be promoted in April.

Cons

It's a tough environment now. The ones who were laid off are the lucky ones as those who remainded are biding their time until the next round of lay-offs or voluntary departures. I miss the company that I joined a few years ago ... the lay-offs and voluntary separation has definitely changed the mood and 'vibe' of a previously wonderful place to work.

It's hard for me to give advice when the people responsible for the mess are still in seat / in power. It's time for the Board to step in and get rid of ALL dead weight in senior leadership or just cut everyone and start fresh with an entirely new leadership team. The damage done by existing leadership to staff morale and investor confidence is almost impossible to repair. Cut the dead limbs and build afresh.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB