CEB
www.cebglobal.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great initial step, given great responsibility early, not challenged over time

Manager (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB

ProsCEB is a great place to start your career. A lot of young folks at this company and a lot of entry level positions available. If you know the right people and pull the right strings, you can move internally into a position that you could never get at another company at your age/experience level.

ConsCEB is well known for paying less than the norm for most positions (outside of Sales) due in part to the age and experience level of the people they hire. There are clicks in this company and so if that is your thing (not mine) you will be very happy on that front. Management is constantly changing their mind on things, resulting in organizational changes every 3 months and rarely does it seem like there is a solid direction we are headed before it is changed. As a best practice research firm, we very rarely follow our own advice concerning HR, Finance, and Corporate Strat.

Advice to Senior ManagementTom (CEO) needs to go. We need leadership that has a consistent focus and direction and so either this is Tom's fault of that of the GM's. Shift out the GM's or get us a new CEO. Start reading your own research...it is time we start practicing what we preach, especially when we are doing exactly what we tell our members NOT to do.

It was a great place to work until the lay-offs began ...

Manager In TMT (Former Employee)

I worked at CEB

Pros: I loved my time at CEB. I was very happy and really enjoyed my job and my work colleagues. Senior Leadership was always sketchy so… Cons: It's a tough environment now. The ones who were laid off are the lucky ones as those who remainded are biding their time until the… Advice to Senior Management: It's hard for me to give advice when the people responsible for the mess are still in seat / in power. It's time for the… More

Great People, Tough Times

Research Consultant (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB

Pros: The people are talented and great to work with, especially at the analyst/senior analyst… Cons: Right now there is a lot of change going and it is unclear if the management… Advice to Senior Management: Communicate with staff openly and fairly about changes instead of… More

There are newer reviews on CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CEB CEO Thomas L. Monahan III. All reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees.