CEB

www.executiveboard.com
  www.executiveboard.com
There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Good place for eager recent IVY-league grads

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at CEB

Pros

good people, nice office. It's a good company if you want to learn SALES. Not so good if you want to do legitimate, not rigged, research.

Cons

no promotion potential, no job security, shrinking client base = shrinking value vested by the company's leadership in their employees

fire Tom Monahan

545 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

It was a great place to work until the lay-offs began ...

Former Employee - Manager In TMT
    Former Employee - Manager In TMT

I worked at CEB

Pros

I loved my time at CEB. I was very happy and really enjoyed my job and my work colleagues. Senior Leadership was always sketchy so that never phased me but in hind sight, I realize how dishonest they were with staff. I wish that they had come to each department in November / December last year with the news that the company wasn't doing well and that those who had other opportunities should take them. I turned down an opportunity in November only to be laid off in February. Not CEB's fault that I missed the opportunity, of course, but if my manager had a better idea of things to come, I migth have been given better advice than stick around ... you'll be promoted in April.

Cons

It's a tough environment now. The ones who were laid off are the lucky ones as those who remainded are biding their time until the next round of lay-offs or voluntary departures. I miss the company that I joined a few years ago ... the lay-offs and voluntary separation has definitely changed the mood and 'vibe' of a previously wonderful place to work.

It's hard for me to give advice when the people responsible for the mess are still in seat / in power. It's time for the Board to step in and get rid of ALL dead weight in senior leadership or just cut everyone and start fresh with an entirely new leadership team. The damage done by existing leadership to staff morale and investor confidence is almost impossible to repair. Cut the dead limbs and build afresh.

Great colleagues, shaky future

I worked at CEB

Pros

Smart, dedicated colleagues and opportunity to peek into the minds of senior executives from top organizations around the globe are the key reasons to work here.

Cons

Long hours for compensation that is not as good as at peer companies. Company is also at a point where growth has slowed and needs a bolder strategy than launching yet another best practices program for a small executive constituency. Needs infusion of fresh perspective from and experienced senior executive.

Consider making the new bus development group responsibile for the first year or two of a new program or a new acquisition. Having to follow through on what they've promised will hopefully ensure that there is more diligence and thought in launch and acquisition decisions. It would hopefully make them really think about longer-term viability of the business.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB