CEB

There are newer employer reviews for CEB

AMx

Current Employee - AMX in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - AMX in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CEB has a great culture with a lot of young people. You get exposure to the C-suite of Fortune 500 companies and learn a lot about whichever practice you are in.

Cons

management can be frustrating at times and can be overly focused on numbers. The pay is also not great and you often get the sense that they feel AMx's and BDx's can be easily replaced.

There are a lot of young people at this company who are not sure what they want to do. Rather than forcing them into sales, take time to see what their aspirations are and help them get there. Then, they'll be more motivated to work hard for you.

545 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

Hard work, but overall a solid career.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-Really smart, talented coworkers.
    -High quality research and products - our insights are second to none.
    -Long-term career path and room to grow if you're willing to stick it out and if you're any good at your job. We set a high bar and don't apologize for it!
    -High degree of independence in your work.

Cons

-Internal politics can be tricky to manage until you learn the ropes.
    -Work-life balance is great at some times of the year, lacking during others.
    -Company is making efforts to innovate its product suite, but isn't there yet.

Don't be afraid to make big bets and invest heavily in them; we invest partway in too many things. Fewer, bigger bets are riskier, but generate the best returns when they work.

Best job of my career - great opportunity for learning and growth

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People - everyone in my group is smart, nice, works hard, and engaged
    Product - both the actual products we work with and the research that backs them up
    Opportunity to grow - clear, fair objectives and a clear path to promotion.
    Variety - lots of different aspects to the job, client relationships, project management, new product development, sales, etc... Keeps you on your toes and interested
    Learning - the ability to dig into the research done in the main part of the company is great. I've learned so much about other industries and trends.
    Atmosphere - I'm at the HQ building, which is a great space, very pleasant facilities
    Benefits - these are great and useful

Cons

High focus on existing business lines/sales (can sometimes impede the product side)
    Lots of competition, since everyone is smart and capable (harder to stand out)

Aim to expand the consulting side of the business (steadily - and keep the current philosophy behind how we consult vs how the others do it).

There are newer employer reviews for CEB