There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Great People. Growth Company.

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at CEB full-time

Pros

+ some of the nicest, smartest people I have worked with.
+ starting to see lots of boomerang employees (people that have left and return) which is telling about the company
+ opportunity for promotions, annual bonuses, and a lot of other great benefits. If you perform, you are rewarded.

Cons

- young, dynamic culture can take some time to adjust to, especially if you come from a suit wearing, management consulting firm. I find it pretty refreshing though.

offer more flexible working arrangements. Make this part of your culture and you will attract the sales talent you chase after so much.

501 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

Work-life balance hard to achieve for more than half of the year

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Just like everyone else on here, no one can speak for an entire company of this size, we can only tell our own experience. The pay and benefits are decent; I was lucky with my workmates, having excellent people around me, and there are a lot of good people at CEB. Advancement is possible for those whose work stands out. There are some nice non-work-related activities for employees. The cafeteria has decent food at reasonable prices.

Cons

The open work environment, and the building in Arlington, is terrible; there's no privacy, it's noisy, and messy. The elevators are horrible; if you're on the upper floors getting a cup of coffee from the cafeteria is a 20-minute trip. The IT infrastructure sucks. You usually feel like you're on a 56K modem. During the Spring & Fall AER seasons, and at many other times throughout the year, work-life balance in non-existent; you may as well live there. And if you try to get more help you're made to feel like a slacker, like there's something wrong with you because you can't keep up the pace. It's always all about the bottom line, the stockholders, but the amount of money wasted daily boggles the mind, and few seem to care. CEB is supposed to be teaching others "Best Practices" but they don't follow them themselves. Morale varies enormously from department to department. The hiring process is atrocious; when someone leaves it takes months to replace them.

Wouldn't waste the time, not enough of them care.

Not bad

I have been working at CEB

Pros

Lot's of good experiences right after joining

Cons

Lots and lots of middle management weighs in on research.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!