CEB
www.cebglobal.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Work-life balance hard to achieve for more than half of the year

Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

ProsJust like everyone else on here, no one can speak for an entire company of this size, we can only tell our own experience. The pay and benefits are decent; I was lucky with my workmates, having excellent people around me, and there are a lot of good people at CEB. Advancement is possible for those whose work stands out. There are some nice non-work-related activities for employees. The cafeteria has decent food at reasonable prices.

ConsThe open work environment, and the building in Arlington, is terrible; there's no privacy, it's noisy, and messy. The elevators are horrible; if you're on the upper floors getting a cup of coffee from the cafeteria is a 20-minute trip. The IT infrastructure sucks. You usually feel like you're on a 56K modem. During the Spring & Fall AER seasons, and at many other times throughout the year, work-life balance in non-existent; you may as well live there. And if you try to get more help you're made to feel like a slacker, like there's something wrong with you because you can't keep up the pace. It's always all about the bottom line, the stockholders, but the amount of money wasted daily boggles the mind, and few seem to care. CEB is supposed to be teaching others "Best Practices" but they don't follow them themselves. Morale varies enormously from department to department. The hiring process is atrocious; when someone leaves it takes months to replace them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't waste the time, not enough of them care.

AMx

AMx (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than a year

Pros: CEB has a great culture with a lot of young people. You get exposure to… Cons: management can be frustrating at times and can be overly focused on numbers. The pay is also… Advice to Senior Management: There are a lot of young people at this company who are not sure what they want to do. Rather than forcing them into… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard work, but overall a solid career.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: -Really smart, talented coworkers. -High quality research and products - our insights are second to none. -Long-term career path and room to grow if you're willing… Cons: -Internal politics can be tricky to manage until you learn the ropes. -Work-life balance is great at some times… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be afraid to make big bets and invest heavily in them; we invest partway in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CEB CEO Thomas L. Monahan III. All reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees.