CEB
www.executiveboard.com Arlington, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Work-life balance hard to achieve for more than half of the year

Arlington, VA

ProsJust like everyone else on here, no one can speak for an entire company of this size, we can only tell our own experience. The pay and benefits are decent; I was lucky with my workmates, having excellent people around me, and there are a lot of good people at CEB. Advancement is possible for those whose work stands out. There are some nice non-work-related activities for employees. The cafeteria has decent food at reasonable prices.

ConsThe open work environment, and the building in Arlington, is terrible; there's no privacy, it's noisy, and messy. The elevators are horrible; if you're on the upper floors getting a cup of coffee from the cafeteria is a 20-minute trip. The IT infrastructure sucks. You usually feel like you're on a 56K modem. During the Spring & Fall AER seasons, and at many other times throughout the year, work-life balance in non-existent; you may as well live there. And if you try to get more help you're made to feel like a slacker, like there's something wrong with you because you can't keep up the pace. It's always all about the bottom line, the stockholders, but the amount of money wasted daily boggles the mind, and few seem to care. CEB is supposed to be teaching others "Best Practices" but they don't follow them themselves. Morale varies enormously from department to department. The hiring process is atrocious; when someone leaves it takes months to replace them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't waste the time, not enough of them care.

Great place to launch a career

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at CEB full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great work life balance. Very smart/motivated workforce. Cons: Some favoritism exists come promotion period. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great People. Growth Company.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CEB full-time

Pros: + some of the nicest, smartest people I have worked with. + starting to see lots of boomerang employees (people that have left and return)… Cons: - young, dynamic culture can take some time to adjust to, especially if you… Advice to Senior Management: offer more flexible working arrangements. Make this part of your culture… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CEB.

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CEB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CEB CEO Thomas L. Monahan III. All reviews posted anonymously by CEB employees.