CEB

www.executiveboard.com
  www.executiveboard.com
There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Learn how to sell right out of college

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Director of Sales in Arlington, VA

I worked at CEB

Pros

Fast paced environment where a recent college grad can learn how to sell in a formalized and structured process. Interacting with the C-Suite at the age of 22 is the main benefit.

Cons

Micromanaged environment is the main difficulty. Managers are promoted to their position are typically all-star sales professionals and don't have experience managing people.

Continue to invest in your greatest asset, your people. Best of luck getting over the hump and finding your next growth engine.

545 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

IT Professionals: Work at CEB as a LAST RESORT

Current Employee - Web Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Web Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB

Pros

Good latitude from management to improve your program's web pages as you see fit, although that may not be true for different practice areas.

You can work from home when the office is closed due to inclement weather.

The people are nice. Seems like 75% of the staff just graduated (or graduated recently) from college. They will send you a Facebook friend request after you have had one meeting with them.

The company is holding a "Wii-Olympics" competition. So if you like to play video games with total strangers that are not in the same division as a way to somehow boost morale, get excited!!

Cons

They stopped hiring external US/UK web personnel and have opened up shop in India like you wouldn't believe. I'm all for cost efficiency, but not when it has a negative value on the quality of the product.

Since the recession, we lost 3 US web staff on my team, and despite my best efforts, I was only able to get 1 new hire...in India. With all the barriers to communication one could imagine, I've had to re-train this person on many basic web functions and his lack of experience has had a visible decline in the quality of our web pages.

Management TALKS about how important the web is, but has yet to follow-up with any real results (i.e. a bigger web budget).

Despite what was said by another web person on this site, pay is not that great at the manager level. I have had recent interviews in the private and government sectors, as well as with several non-profit agencies, that ALL paid significantly more than CEB does to do the same job.

And they wonder why there's such a high turnover rate at this company? It's because they hire kids right out of college that want to prove themselves, get burned out after 9 months, and are poorly compensated in the process.

It's hard to offer advice for a management team that has no idea what they are doing or where they are taking the company.

The Web Specialist is a glorified content manager who doesn't have much creative control regarding design.

Former Employee - Web Specialist in Rosslyn, VA
    Former Employee - Web Specialist in Rosslyn, VA

I worked at CEB

Pros

It's a very young atmosphere and people are generally friendly. The hours are very reasonable with overtime being given in some positions after one exceeds 40 for the week.

Cons

The business model is poised to fail as the research offered by CEB is a luxury for companies, not a necessity. The web specialist role is extremely monotonous and doesn't provide many opportunities for growth.

Adapt to the current marketplace quickly. Allow for easier access to internal job switches and don't keep employees in the dark on big changes.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB