There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Great environment, great people, intense workload, uncoordinated sales activities.

Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the people.....all young and well educated, good environment (if you're into the young - cliquey kind of environment - work 40+ hours together and spend weekends together etc.)

Cons

company values numbers.....thats it....they will push and push you to perform with incentives like giftcards and bonuses or leaving early friday. If you don't perform you don't advance and you eventually get phased out

SSPD is a mess

524 Other Employee Reviews for CEB (View Most Recent)

I've had better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Name recognition and nice co-workers, for the most part. PTO allowance is great, entry-level employees can get up to 1 month off when you take into account holidays. Ability to work from home was a definite plus for me. The benefits package as a whole, actually, is really nice.

Cons

EVERYTHING is a fire. Every day you are pushed to deal with ten things at once because they all are supposedly equal in significance and they all need to be dealt with RIGHT NOW.

To say managers micromanage is a severe understatement. You're never trusted to just get your work done without your boss breathing over your shoulder. Reviews are a joke. I got docked points for my review for not doing something that I was literally unable to do given my current status/position in the company. Pay is less than I would have thought given the size of the company and the giant workload; and bonuses are even less, if you are even eligible. Unless you're in senior management, I wouldn't expect budget-changing results from your bonus/raise.

Space. With recent office moves we are now on top of each other. Any inquiries as to whether we'll get allocated more space go largely unanswered as more and more people are hired. It doesn't make me feel like a valued employee when I have to share my one-person cube with 1-2 other people (at the same time).

Stop micromanaging, and pay your employees better.

A supportive employer ...ok pay

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance at CEB depends and varies from team to team. For the most part, the company respects your time off (which is generous), weekends, and as with any job, only expects you to put in any extra hours if your team really needs it.

Friendly culture and exposure to very senior and CXO level leaders at organizations across the globe, who really respect CEB's work. Based on where you are in the organization, you are likely impacting the way some huge organizations in the world function. Career at CEB is what you make of it. There is flexibility in moving teams and looking for an opportunity that excites you.

Cons

Its hard to leave CEB to join a similar employer because there are very few companies that do similar work. Moving from CEB to consulting is hard and the one out for early to mid-level professional is business school/grad school.

Pay is definitely not competitive given the strategic work that you do and the compensation policies are very opaque with only very senior level managers (MD and above) having any insight into how comp is determined. In all likelihood, your manager will have little to no control over your pay

India office is beginning to take shape into a back office with IT capabilites instead of a strategic research center

With all the changes we advise other companies to make, CEB is slow to change and very reluctant to adopt new ways of working and also having a robust implementation plan in place. Senior management is not held accountable for lack of results.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB