There are newer employer reviews for CEB

Great Place for a first job and to build a network or dynamic professionals

Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at CEB full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to work with Senior level executives
Young culture and A list personalities make the work exciting and dynamic

Cons

The pay isn't that great for the amount of work and hours put in
The development path is changing constantly and has many biases that can ruin the opportunity for promotion

Advice to Management

Structure the advancement and training to be more streamlined and transparent

reviews filtered by

Great environment, great people, intense workload, uncoordinated sales activities.

Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Account Management Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the people.....all young and well educated, good environment (if you're into the young - cliquey kind of environment - work 40+ hours together and spend weekends together etc.)

Cons

company values numbers.....thats it....they will push and push you to perform with incentives like giftcards and bonuses or leaving early friday. If you don't perform you don't advance and you eventually get phased out

Advice to Management

SSPD is a mess

I've had better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CEB full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Name recognition and nice co-workers, for the most part. PTO allowance is great, entry-level employees can get up to 1 month off when you take into account holidays. Ability to work from home was a definite plus for me. The benefits package as a whole, actually, is really nice.

Cons

EVERYTHING is a fire. Every day you are pushed to deal with ten things at once because they all are supposedly equal in significance and they all need to be dealt with RIGHT NOW.

To say managers micromanage is a severe understatement. You're never trusted to just get your work done without your boss breathing over your shoulder. Reviews are a joke. I got docked points for my review for not doing something that I was literally unable to do given my current status/position in the company. Pay is less than I would have thought given the size of the company and the giant workload; and bonuses are even less, if you are even eligible. Unless you're in senior management, I wouldn't expect budget-changing results from your bonus/raise.

Space. With recent office moves we are now on top of each other. Any inquiries as to whether we'll get allocated more space go largely unanswered as more and more people are hired. It doesn't make me feel like a valued employee when I have to share my one-person cube with 1-2 other people (at the same time).

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, and pay your employees better.

There are newer employer reviews for CEB