There are newer employer reviews for CEMEX

Ok to a point.

I have been working at CEMEX

Pros

The pay is ok and it is a job during a bad economy. It is close to home and the shift schedule is a positive.

Cons

Hourly employees are viewed by company managers as expendable at all levels. The prevailing attitude of Cemex managers at the plant and corporate levels is that you are lucky to have a job in a bad economy. If you don't like the way we treat you, get out. True enough about the economy but not much of a calling card as an employer.

Realize that without production people this company has no product to sell. Shake the third world notion that whatever level of experience you bring to the table as an employee, we can find someone to do your job for less money.

37 Other Employee Reviews for CEMEX (View Most Recent)

Strategic Planning

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I worked at CEMEX

Pros

CEMEX is a very competitive company, excellent place to learn. I worked there for 3 years after graduation and learned a lot.

Cons

The downside of this company is that it does not respect the work-life balance of its employees, very overly demanding. It actually is a "bad thing" to leave the workplace on time.

Care more for the employees work life balance, it is not ok to pay them more if it forces them to neglect their families. However it is a very successful company and there are great people working there.

Great place to grow

Former Employee - Head of Logistics
    Former Employee - Head of Logistics

I worked at CEMEX

Pros

Good opportunities to learn, you get a lot of responsbilities within small periods of time, international experience opportunities and constant innovation.

Cons

No bonuses for lower than manager positions, have to work long hours, have to move constantly to grow and .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

There are newer employer reviews for CEMEX

Worked for CEMEX? Contribute to the Community!