CENTRA (Massachusetts)

www.centratechnology.com
  www.centratechnology.com
There are newer employer reviews for CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Great place for retiring government analysts; not so much for starting a career

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Pros

Collegial working environment, good work/life balance

Cons

No training, poor supervision and career prospects for analysts

Better career development guideline

7 Other Employee Reviews for CENTRA (Massachusetts) (View Most Recent)

Limited contact offsite, but I really like the company.

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Trust: Basically I'm trusted to do what I need to do onsite to do my job-- very low management interference. This is huge to me.
    - Low bureaucracy: because it's a medium sized company, there are forms and procedures for some things but it's pretty low-key. I really appreciate the low impact on my time.
    - Good work/life balance: I know some people work really hard, but they're mostly driven by their own passion. I've never been asked to sacrifice my personal time or family life.
    - Compensation/Benefits: I really don't have much to compare, but I feel very well compensated. My health insurance is the best I've ever had in my life-- I pay nothing.

Cons

- Your experience may differ, depending on location. I have no awareness of any B.S. or petty infighting, but I'm also thousands of miles away from HQ.
    - Hard for me to really know about the management culture, since I'm not involved day to day.

Keep the low-BS, low-bureaucracy feel. Stay small and nimble. Focus on being the go-to people for a few select areas, rather than succumbing to the trend to be everything to everyone.

Great Company - Many More Pros Than Cons

Current Employee - Principal Research Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Research Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting contracts, excellent benefits, a true work-life balance, many opportunities for advancement IF YOU'RE A SELF-STARTER, and a small-company feel even though it's mid-sized. Not a lot of red tape or paperwork.

Cons

If you most often work on client sites, it can be difficult to stay on management's radar, you have to make a point to push for things you want (e.g., new work opportunities), management is friendly but can be distant. Can be difficult when you're new because they don't have a great process for introducing new employees to the company.

Better communication with employees as to what is going on in the company and what internal opportunities are available. Provide clear guidance on what is needed to move up in the company's ranks, and then provide opportunities to do so.

There are newer employer reviews for CENTRA (Massachusetts)