CENTRA (Massachusetts)

www.centratechnology.com

Limited contact offsite, but I really like the company.

Pros- Trust: Basically I'm trusted to do what I need to do onsite to do my job-- very low management interference. This is huge to me.
- Low bureaucracy: because it's a medium sized company, there are forms and procedures for some things but it's pretty low-key. I really appreciate the low impact on my time.
- Good work/life balance: I know some people work really hard, but they're mostly driven by their own passion. I've never been asked to sacrifice my personal time or family life.
- Compensation/Benefits: I really don't have much to compare, but I feel very well compensated. My health insurance is the best I've ever had in my life-- I pay nothing.

Cons- Your experience may differ, depending on location. I have no awareness of any B.S. or petty infighting, but I'm also thousands of miles away from HQ.
- Hard for me to really know about the management culture, since I'm not involved day to day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the low-BS, low-bureaucracy feel. Stay small and nimble. Focus on being the go-to people for a few select areas, rather than succumbing to the trend to be everything to everyone.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Pros: Wide vareity of challenges; great people; with the right manager,… Cons: When you ask permission to do something at CENTRA, there are two answers you will never receive: "No,"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

No Place for Junior Consultants, Discriminatory

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Liberal leave policy, can take leave and "pay it back" with overtime - Plenty of contracts… Cons: - No room for advancement for junior consultants - Little flexibility on contract placement after hire - Minority employees will feel out of place,… Advice to Senior Management: - Provide avenues of advancement for junior employees - HR is insensitive and does not respect employee… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CENTRA (Massachusetts).

Worked for CENTRA (Massachusetts)? Contribute to the Community!