CENTRA (Massachusetts)
www.centratechnology.com Boston, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Limited contact offsite, but I really like the company.

Pros- Trust: Basically I'm trusted to do what I need to do onsite to do my job-- very low management interference. This is huge to me.
- Low bureaucracy: because it's a medium sized company, there are forms and procedures for some things but it's pretty low-key. I really appreciate the low impact on my time.
- Good work/life balance: I know some people work really hard, but they're mostly driven by their own passion. I've never been asked to sacrifice my personal time or family life.
- Compensation/Benefits: I really don't have much to compare, but I feel very well compensated. My health insurance is the best I've ever had in my life-- I pay nothing.

Cons- Your experience may differ, depending on location. I have no awareness of any B.S. or petty infighting, but I'm also thousands of miles away from HQ.
- Hard for me to really know about the management culture, since I'm not involved day to day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the low-BS, low-bureaucracy feel. Stay small and nimble. Focus on being the go-to people for a few select areas, rather than succumbing to the trend to be everything to everyone.

Great place to work

Arlington, VA

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts)

Pros: Wide vareity of challenges; great people; with the right manager,… Cons: When you ask permission to do something at CENTRA, there are two answers you will never receive: "No,"… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, troubling industry

Research Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at CENTRA (Massachusetts) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Interesting varied clients, generous compensation Cons: Poor internal communication, difficult gov't contracting environment No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CENTRA (Massachusetts).

Worked for CENTRA (Massachusetts)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CENTRA (Massachusetts) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CENTRA (Massachusetts) CEO Harold Rosenbaum. All reviews posted anonymously by CENTRA (Massachusetts) employees.