CEVA Logistics

The morale is very low at CEVA Logistics

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CEVA Logistics

Pros

One of the largest Freight Forwarders in the world, that can offer an array of services. Able to provide end to end solutions for global customers.

Cons

Morale is very low, people lack training, depts operate too lean and struggle to provide quality service to our customers.

Focus on customers and not P&L's, decide what CEVA wants as a Logistics Provider. Improve the technology and bring it into the 21st century.

214 Other Employee Reviews for CEVA Logistics (View Most Recent)

Worst Logistics Company Ever. DON'T Ever Work Here. Like others have said "What A Joke"

Former Employee - Import Specialist in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Import Specialist in Torrance, CA

I worked at CEVA Logistics

Pros

- I learned a lot of things in the Logistics Industry that I would have not learned at my previous company.
    - Met some interesting people.
    - Diverse work environment.
    - Compensation for work is fair.
    - Modern and up to date hardware.
    - I don't work here anymore.

Cons

Highly disorganized. You will get a different answer depending on who you ask. Incompetent supervisors. Out of five only two are competent. They are trying to do the same thing as DHL. They are closing a bunch of offices through out the country and having 3 major hubs. Ceva is also outsourcing many jobs to India. If you are in one of the major hubs the other office are highly uncooperative since they know you have taken their business. Their is very little training, your expected to just figure it out. They give you work and tell you "do it" with out any guidance. Most do not understand the definition of team work. A typical answer is "that's not my problem or my job". They are trying to utilize a assembly line process, like an auto manufacturer, however if each part of the assembly process is very inconsistent and incompetent what will be the result of the finished product? They seem to be emulating Expeditors ,DHL and Toyota taking what ever process from each company that could benefit them the most financially, from their standardization and cost cutting to increase a higher bottom line. They are forgetting about the people. They are thinking very short term and not looking at the bigger picture "PEOPLE". LEAN and 5S what a joke? Their are bigger problems than how your desk looks. I'm glad I no longer work for you evil people.

Your new efficient and "LEAN" business strategies are not working. Go ask DHL if it is working for them? Toyota mastered the LEAN Process because they cared about their people and their product you clearly don't. Your just out to make a quick buck, pound or euro. Shame on you people, the investment bank that owns you will just toss you aside once it sees the the bottom line. Then what will you do?

Overall a wonderful experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at CEVA Logistics

Pros

During the time I worked for EAGLE it was a well respected place of business, however there had been some changes that had taken place after the CEVA/EAGLE take over. However while the company was under Jim Crane's ownership, I believe employee's were treated with respect, and raises and opportunity were available.

Cons

Moreover when the final stages of the CEVA takeover came into play changes began to take effect and not in a good way. People were being laid off and or leaving the company and eventually the Ontario Domestic Department was completely shut down and all of the accounts were transferred to the LAX facility. There were more than 50 people at that facility that were left without jobs and the cold and hurtful part about that whole tragic ordeal was that management did not offer any of those people jobs at the LAX facility. Some of these employees had been with the company for 10 years or more, and we are talking about Station Managers, Operations Managers, and Supervisors all of these people were treated as if they did not exist on that horrible day in Feb. 2009. While understanding why that horrible decision was made at that time to close down the Ont facility (even though it was making good profit), but at the same time thinking how horrible it made some feel to know on that particular day we were treated like trash. Upper management did not come to the rescue for those who had been with the company for a long period and some of those employees had surpassed any expectations that the company had. Some went PAST their call of duty and yet were treated so unfairly.

Respect your employees and show recognition for those who have been with the company for a long period of time because that shows LOYALTY. Upper managment should become involved and protect those who have been with the company for along period of time. Managment should also consider hiring from within as oppose to hiring outside the company.

There are newer employer reviews for CEVA Logistics