CFPB
www.consumerfinance.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Wouldn't Imagine Working for Any Other Federal Agency

Washington, DC

ProsSome of the best and brightest people I've ever had the chance to work with. The people here are top notch, truly collaborative, and amazingly passionate about the impact they're having on the lives of everyday Americans. Coming from the private sector into public service, the CFPB created an environment that was full of open arms. Someone is always willing to help, and there's an awesome appreciation for new and diverse perspectives. I've grown so much professionally in just a short period of time.

ConsIt's the federal government, so it can be a bit wonky, lot's of new rules to learn. No frills on the office space (good for tax payers!), but totally worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Focus on the long game, and don't allow the winds of politics distract you from the prize!

Do work that matters.

(Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at CFPB full-time for more than a year

Pros: CFPB is a rarity in the public sector: a newly created agency in a critical sector of the economy, charged with protecting consumers. CFPB offers… Cons: As a new agency, there are still a lot of processes being built. One side effect of working with brilliant people is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep prioritizing the culture and steadily building processes and structures that help… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall Good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CFPB as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good Mission, Smart People, Data-Driven Cons: Still lacks the strong organization necessary to succeed Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CFPB.

Worked for CFPB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CFPB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CFPB CEO Richard Cordray. All reviews posted anonymously by CFPB employees.