CFPB

www.consumerfinance.gov

Do work that matters.

(Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCFPB is a rarity in the public sector: a newly created agency in a critical sector of the economy, charged with protecting consumers. CFPB offers unparalleled opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to helping others. I've never worked with smarter, more capable people, many of whom share my deep commitment to the bureau's mission.

ConsAs a new agency, there are still a lot of processes being built. One side effect of working with brilliant people is that they can have strong opinions if they disagree, and continuing to refine role clarity and "swim lanes" can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep prioritizing the culture and steadily building processes and structures that help people to do their jobs; avoid the temptation to become a traditional bureaucracy.

Wouldn't Imagine Working for Any Other Federal Agency

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at CFPB full-time for less than a year

Pros: Some of the best and brightest people I've ever had the chance to work with. The people here are top notch, truly collaborative, and… Cons: It's the federal government, so it can be a bit wonky, lot's of new rules to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. Focus on the long game,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall Good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CFPB as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good Mission, Smart People, Data-Driven Cons: Still lacks the strong organization necessary to succeed Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CFPB.

Worked for CFPB? Contribute to the Community!