CFPB
www.consumerfinance.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Innovative Federal Agency With An Important Mission

I have been working at CFPB

ProsA new (and 21st century) agency with a great mission: to educate and protect the American consumer. The talent, dedication, and passion of ALL employees at CFPB provides a tremendous working environment. No matter what your role is, you will find the opportunity to be innovative and establish a sound market that works for consumers. CFPB is the next big leader in public service.

ConsComing from the private sector, I was accustomed to a fast pace environment. While we are a few notches above many other agencies, we encompass the same hurdles when implementing change.

Do work that matters.

Washington, DC

I have been working at CFPB full-time for more than a year

Pros: CFPB is a rarity in the public sector: a newly created agency in a critical sector of the economy, charged with protecting consumers. CFPB offers… Cons: As a new agency, there are still a lot of processes being built. One side effect of working with brilliant people is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep prioritizing the culture and steadily building processes and structures that help… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Wouldn't Imagine Working for Any Other Federal Agency

Washington, DC

I have been working at CFPB full-time for less than a year

Pros: Some of the best and brightest people I've ever had the chance to work with. The people here are top notch, truly collaborative, and… Cons: It's the federal government, so it can be a bit wonky, lot's of new rules to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing. Focus on the long game,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CFPB.

Worked for CFPB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CFPB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CFPB CEO Richard Cordray. All reviews posted anonymously by CFPB employees.