CFPB

There are newer employer reviews for CFPB

A Noble Cause, but Often Frustrating and Stressful

Former Employee - Examiner
Former Employee - Examiner

I worked at CFPB full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The agency has real belief in consumer rights and protections. As a result, they have gotten the attention of much of the financial world.

Cons

A general lack of organization and structure. Many new examiners didn't get opportunities for proper training, and most of the experienced examiners' workload didn't allow for much time to train them. Lack of transparency from management.

Be more transparent, and look for ways to improve the work environment.

33 Other Employee Reviews for CFPB (View Most Recent)

Innovative Federal Agency With An Important Mission

I have been working at CFPB

Pros

A new (and 21st century) agency with a great mission: to educate and protect the American consumer. The talent, dedication, and passion of ALL employees at CFPB provides a tremendous working environment. No matter what your role is, you will find the opportunity to be innovative and establish a sound market that works for consumers. CFPB is the next big leader in public service.

Cons

Coming from the private sector, I was accustomed to a fast pace environment. While we are a few notches above many other agencies, we encompass the same hurdles when implementing change.

Wouldn't Imagine Working for Any Other Federal Agency

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at CFPB full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the best and brightest people I've ever had the chance to work with. The people here are top notch, truly collaborative, and amazingly passionate about the impact they're having on the lives of everyday Americans. Coming from the private sector into public service, the CFPB created an environment that was full of open arms. Someone is always willing to help, and there's an awesome appreciation for new and diverse perspectives. I've grown so much professionally in just a short period of time.

Cons

It's the federal government, so it can be a bit wonky, lot's of new rules to learn. No frills on the office space (good for tax payers!), but totally worth it.

Keep doing what you're doing. Focus on the long game, and don't allow the winds of politics distract you from the prize!

There are newer employer reviews for CFPB