CFPB

www.consumerfinance.gov

Great Mission, Great People, and open to change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have seen a significant effort for the Bureau and some of it's offices trying to listen to the employees. The Bureau is a great place to work with dedicated individuals and you can actually see the effect that the work has on the public. The Bureau is still in a bit of a startup phase and has some growing pains, but this is a great place to be at.

ConsI would say that the biggest issue is IT and their inability to function correctly. Their policies and lack of knowledge is very apparent and is hindering the Bureau and the employees from doing great work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to bring in experienced federal IT professionals to get the shop working correctly and functioning properly.

nightmare scenario for employees

I have been working at CFPB full-time for more than a year

Pros: compensation can be competitive for a federal agency, and benefits… Cons: There are two significant problems with this agency - (1) they hired in a rush and hired the wrong people and (2) there are no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Minorities unfortunately are not treated well. Very disappointing.

Legal (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at CFPB full-time for more than a year

Pros: Admirable mission and compensation structure is extremely competitive. Cons: The CFPB, like most financial regulatory agencies, is grossly underrepresented in the number of racial/ethnic minorities it hires, retains and promotes to senior management positions.… Advice to Senior Management: Diversity is not a "body count." Rather than count racial bodies, the agency should recalibrate its… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CFPB.

Worked for CFPB? Contribute to the Community!