There are newer employer reviews for CGI Communications

Great first job out of college!

Former Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader
Former Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fun environment and everyone is very young. There are always things to do outside of the office with co-workers. You will make friends for life at this company. There was always someone to turn to when I needed help. My manager was amazing and I will commend her for the job she did. I stuck around for the fact that I worked for someone like her. Management is wonderful, Vice Presidents are seriously just a few steps away from you and more than reachable. The CEO Bob is a riot, yes a little crazy some times but even he is approachable. He knew me on a first name basis. But if you're doing well he will learn your name. How many companies can say that their CEO knows who they are?

Cons

There are certain executives you do NOT want to be setting for as a Sales Associate. If you do set for them and mess up at all the entire company will hear about it. You do sit in a cube all day smile and dialing. When I first started the company was light hearted and it was fun, but in recent months morale changed and the vibe of the company has gone in a different direction and that is ultimately why I left. If you didn't want to become an executive in a sense, there was no room for growth for you!

Advice to Management

Get your executives to learn how to COMMUNICATE. The word communication is in the name of the company. You would have happier associates which would in turn boost morale.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Opportunity and room for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked here for over many years and have been given leeway to move into whatever department or position I want- it's all a matter of good attitude and high performance. Management is understanding of health and/or family issues and is quick to encourage whatever you need.

Cons

Management sometimes goes on tangents that may or may not be related to the topic they're ranting about; the consensus is to let it go in one ear and out the other as the feeling will most likely change in short order.

Advice to Management

Realize that while sales is an important driver of any company, that shouldn't be to the detriment of other employees.

2. Professional Sports/Sales Team

Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can go from making 30k to 50k overnight. You then go go from making 50k to 100k...I did it. CGI is esssentialy a startup company. It has divisions that startup overnight and can really turn your career dreams into reality.

Cons

It is not easy. You need to work hard. Harder than college. You will be demanded to hustle, and get paid for doing so. People get after it. It is not what you see on TV. It is stressful, but your days will FLY by. You will wish you had more time to complete things.

Advice to Management

Make room.