There are newer employer reviews for CGI Communications

Opportunity and room for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked here for over many years and have been given leeway to move into whatever department or position I want- it's all a matter of good attitude and high performance. Management is understanding of health and/or family issues and is quick to encourage whatever you need.

Cons

Management sometimes goes on tangents that may or may not be related to the topic they're ranting about; the consensus is to let it go in one ear and out the other as the feeling will most likely change in short order.

Realize that while sales is an important driver of any company, that shouldn't be to the detriment of other employees.

46 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Communications (View Most Recent)

Going WAY Downhill

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice building in a great location downtown.
    Co-workers were nice

Cons

After working for CGI and elsewhere, CGI reminds me of a "minor league" company. Things have a way of feeling amateurish here. First of all, the pay is comically low. If you aren't a sales executive, you will get paid at practically poverty wages when hired. It's sad when a fairly large chunk of full time employees need to work a second job just to get by. The company generally hires kids in their 20's straight out of college so they can justify paying them that low.

It's a very cut throat culture. Hit your numbers or else. Your job will be threatened. Unless you are a sales executive, you will very likely be completely ignored. The CEO/VP's only care about them. The leadership gets called out on this frequently, but they don't care.

You're expected to work beyond 5 every single day. Despite putting in a hard 8 hour day, if you walk out the door at 5 you will be seen as a slacker and they will hold it against you.

The benefits really leave a lot to be desired. You need to work 1 year before you even get 1 week of vacation. My current company gave me 2 weeks on the date of hire. Not to mention their health care plans are abysmal and insanely expensive every month. Almost every person I know (I've asked) has not only better coverage, but pay a lower premium.

It's really not a quality company to work for. The favoritism is out of control and it's simply a pit stop on the way to something bigger and better.

And finally, the majority of reviews on here are fake. The company actively solicits its employees to write positive reviews here in exchange for a few bucks or to get out early on a Friday afternoon. I've seen and heard it multiple times. So take anything you read here with a giant grain of salt.

Treat all employees equally. Don't play favoritism like you do. It's incredibly unprofessional. Try paying all employees a livable wage so they don't have to work second jobs.

Great first job out of college!

Former Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader
    Former Employee - Sales Associate Team Leader

I worked at CGI Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a fun environment and everyone is very young. There are always things to do outside of the office with co-workers. You will make friends for life at this company. There was always someone to turn to when I needed help. My manager was amazing and I will commend her for the job she did. I stuck around for the fact that I worked for someone like her. Management is wonderful, Vice Presidents are seriously just a few steps away from you and more than reachable. The CEO Bob is a riot, yes a little crazy some times but even he is approachable. He knew me on a first name basis. But if you're doing well he will learn your name. How many companies can say that their CEO knows who they are?

Cons

There are certain executives you do NOT want to be setting for as a Sales Associate. If you do set for them and mess up at all the entire company will hear about it. You do sit in a cube all day smile and dialing. When I first started the company was light hearted and it was fun, but in recent months morale changed and the vibe of the company has gone in a different direction and that is ultimately why I left. If you didn't want to become an executive in a sense, there was no room for growth for you!

Get your executives to learn how to COMMUNICATE. The word communication is in the name of the company. You would have happier associates which would in turn boost morale.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Communications

Worked for CGI Communications? Contribute to the Community!