CGI Group

www.cgi.com

good place to work

Former Employee - Software Developer
Former Employee - Software Developer

Pros

the salaries are good compare to other places, multiple benefits, good ambiance,

Cons

workload, hours of work, avaibility

Other reviews for CGI Group

Flexi Work Timings, Good Place for Keralites to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Flexi work timings.
    If you are from Kerala then good growth and recognition.

Cons

Stagnant Employee.
    No good hike.
    WFH Option need to fair.

Fair Promotions.
    Hire good Managers.

Beware, it's a sinking boat

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

Office layout and location - Really good! Can do remote work (if that is what you want)

Cons

Sinking because of poor management, this company has no future.
    It is painstaking to note how incompetent the management of this company is. My perspective is somehow narrow but not enough so to prevent me to see how poor the management of this company is. After all it is not entirely their fault: here you get promoted thanks to corridor chats ability and seniority, plain simple. Ask around to other employees (even managers) and that is not just my opinion but a consolidated fact. Lately it also helps to be of female gender.
    The company is so pathetically unproductive that is now desperately seeking to gain ground by adding more control, which translates into unneeded overhead which is never accounted for in any cost-benefit analysis carried out (if any...) in management rooms. It is very obvious that the company has now the agility of an elephant and in this industry obviously you can't survive with those characteristics (but go an explain it to the so called management....). Also there is a chronic problem of hiding the dust under the carpet and the inability to take firm, groundbreaking decisions. Never a change for the better is chosen, rather the change that seems to bring the most short-term savings.
    I thought IBM was bad, and in fact is (I.T. sweatshop is what it describes it better), but I got to admit that the average productivity of an IBM employee is 4x the one of a CGI's one.
    I would suggest this place for clerical workers only. This is the core-business of the company, whether it admits it or not. If you want to hide or pretend to be busy and surfing instead the internet (even better if working from home, something the company actually encourages: of course, it brings savings! Productivity loss? Naaaah, too difficult to assess and measure, just forget it....) this may be a company you'll enjoy. Your boss will have no clue of what you are doing and, don't worry: it is just normal here!

Company production: 20% deliveries, 80% overhead compliance. Trust me, I am not exaggerating. Now, we are not Hydro Quebec or or the Ville of Montreal: we cannot survive this way. It is no surprise we are losing the major clients and not getting new ones. Perhaps the most effective solution would be to close entirely the Canadian operations and offices and rely only on the US ones which seem to be the only ones winning new business.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!