There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

CGI Federal is almost like working for Stanley

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

CGI bought Stanley Associates which bought Morgan Research. It is too early to tell. The local management is still a group I am proud to work with. They are a well oiled machine that cares. Now the big company, with management out of Washington DC/Toronto CA ... time will tell. So far the changes have been limited, but resolution of those hat have resulted are more cumbersome.

Cons

I am just a person that as long as government funds fund my position, and the government approves of my performance, CGI will be glad to rent me out. But that too has its advantages.

Again, local management are great individuals to work with. Keep the corporate folks aware that we knew what we were doing before they bought us, and we can continue to grow if they support and not siphon.

1342 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

It was great to get some experience but that is about it at the end of the day.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

There was a great learning experience and I appreciate the opportunity. But at the end of the day living in the DC metro area is very expensive. The ppl there are really nice and the managers are awesome!

Cons

There are more cons than pros. For one it seems like they are only interested in them keeping money in their pocket. The 401K matching is horrible and the benefits package sucks. I thnk I had to pay 200 dollars to go to the ER. Even the guy at the ER was like WOW, this is really expensive I never see this. The employees come LAST!! Its all about their profit. No holiday parties, no company parties at all. I understand that there are alot of ppl from different cultures but they can at least put up a freaking Christmas tree. They totally took my holiday spirit away. Its all about working. The PAY IS HORRIBLE!! Opportunity for growth is little to none. Im so glad my experience here is over!!!

Well I know its a waste of my time but pay attention to the employees needs. They are not happy and u should want happy employees so they can make high profits right?? It could be a wonderful place to work if you ppl would show them that ur thankful from time to time. Stop being so greedy for every single dollar and invest in your employees. The way ur doing things is pathetic.

It was a comfortable work environment. Good work was not recognized and it did not prepare employees for the future.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

Good benefits, Stock value has rose over the past few years, some cool peers. No office politics and a decent social club in the NYC office.

Cons

Bland industry, does not give you skills that will make you competitive in the industry. Annual reviews are worthless and will not give you leverage when trying to negotiate salary increases.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!