There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Great 1st Job

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work environment. The company has many projects to work on. For example, when a certain portion of a contract was lost, management assisted individuals in finding another project to work on within their area of interest. Also, the people that work for CGI are amazing. I have friends to this day that still work there.

Cons

Work schedule can be hectic depending on the project you work on, your role, and management. This is nearly a third party perspective of other projects. The project I worked on fostered a great environment for young professionals to develop.

Get to know the members of your project better. If you have a vested interest in them, then they will have an interest in helping you succeed.

1369 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

Good company, laid back environment

I have been working at CGI Group (more than 3 years)

Pros

My first job out of college, its been good so far. I feel as if I have grown a lot a a professional and learned a lot about the industry. Many different projects to work on, HR is pretty good about helping you move to one that fits your interests.

Cons

Upper management could make more of an effort to interact with/ get to know their employees.

It was actually Stanlay and Associates before CGI bought them.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at CGI Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They were a really good company until they started looking for a buyer.
    Good pay raises for the first two years. One at 6 months and one at the first year mark.

Cons

The last 2 years before CGI bought them they started messing with our annual reviews and delaying promotions and pay raises.
    They were very anti-military. Constantly harrasing me about being gone for the military.

Hopefully they changed the culture of the work place. If you did not work in or around DC, they never wanted to hear from you.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group