There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

CGI good place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good to work with less pressure

Cons

To much process to follow

1341 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

Company Profile

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Member Friendly Company, Good Career Opportunity

Cons

Compensation involve lot of components.

Swings and roundabouts

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

During my time at CGI I've had the opportunity to work on a lot of interesting projects, the variety of work has been very motivating and also one of the major reasons I've chosen to stay with CGI over 15 years.
    The general culture is good to, although there are office politics and some weak managers around on the whole it's generally BS-free and a pleasant place to work with everyone focused on delivering an excellent service. The top management is very strong and have made some good decisions over the years that's enabled CGI to grow steadily and remain financially strong.
    The training on offer is very good to and it's seen as a key part of CGI maintaining a competitive advantage.

Cons

There really isn't as much mobility through CGI as you're sometimes led to believe, moving country seems almost impossible for example.
    Salary & benefits are based on industry average, which CGI seems proud of but to me I think if you offer the average then you attract the average.
    Post-Logica acquisition things have changed dramatically in Europe, virtually all middle management and most of the senior management is ex-Logica. I've gone from having a good working relationship with my boss, fostered over many years, to being lucky if I get a response to an email from my new temporary boss (and I don't know them well enough to say if it's just incompetence or sheer workload that's responsible, what it isn't though is good management).

Whilst the exec team is very strong and the Logica integration is going smoother than many predicted you shouldn't take your eyes off what's happening in Europe and don't let Logica's old middle management culture infect CGI. Many talented people have already left as a result and many more are actively job-seeking, don't assume because the figures are OK that there aren't issues to address otherwise in a couple of years things could turn sour.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!