There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

I have been with the company over 10 years.

Current Employee - Contractor  in  Lawton, OK
Current Employee - Contractor in Lawton, OK

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent for the area even though it falls short of industry standards.
Share Purchase Plan is nice.

Cons

Local management in Lawton plays favorites for certain sections. They hire someone into a group just to get that person into the company. Knowing that they intend to almost immediately transfer to another group leaving the first group in a perpetual state of being short handed.
HR is clueless, our local representatives are stationed in Huntsville, AL. Email correspondence goes unanswered 90% of the time unless upper management gets involved. When they are here and you ask a question they don't know the answer to they say "we will make a note of that and get back to you" which is hard to do when you immediately turn around and walk away without taking the employees name or contact info down.
Job responsibilities are not explained, management uses a catch all "and other duties as assigned" in every job description to justify giving you assignments that have nothing to do with the job you originally signed on for.
Middle and upper management are constantly bad mouthing problem employees when they think no one is listening but never take action against the employee in question.

The operations of this office need to be closely examined. The company should provide a HR rep that is actually local and is willing to research answers to questions asked. Job responsibilities should be clearly defined and the people should get the right jobs. Not a job that is convenient just to get someone into the company.

1322 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

Good work / life balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with a lot of great people on a very large project, which is rewarding.

Cons

Salary is lower than I would like

Award individuals based on each employees individual accomplishments not solely on Business Unit performance and tenure.

Very good company to work.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good internal communication and Decent work environment

Cons

Carrer prospoects are not encouraged sometimes

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!