CGI Group

www.cgi.com

I have been with the company over 10 years.

Contractor (Current Employee) Lawton, OK

ProsPay and benefits are decent for the area even though it falls short of industry standards.
Share Purchase Plan is nice.

ConsLocal management in Lawton plays favorites for certain sections. They hire someone into a group just to get that person into the company. Knowing that they intend to almost immediately transfer to another group leaving the first group in a perpetual state of being short handed.
HR is clueless, our local representatives are stationed in Huntsville, AL. Email correspondence goes unanswered 90% of the time unless upper management gets involved. When they are here and you ask a question they don't know the answer to they say "we will make a note of that and get back to you" which is hard to do when you immediately turn around and walk away without taking the employees name or contact info down.
Job responsibilities are not explained, management uses a catch all "and other duties as assigned" in every job description to justify giving you assignments that have nothing to do with the job you originally signed on for.
Middle and upper management are constantly bad mouthing problem employees when they think no one is listening but never take action against the employee in question.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe operations of this office need to be closely examined. The company should provide a HR rep that is actually local and is willing to research answers to questions asked. Job responsibilities should be clearly defined and the people should get the right jobs. Not a job that is convenient just to get someone into the company.

Good benefits package, high stress.

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Travel expenses are paid as they should be if you… Cons: Will work long hours. Requirements tend to change often… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

They push hard, sometimes unrealistically hard, and play hard with activities.

Consultant (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work variety and assortment of projects. Cons: Feel under-appreciated, pushed hard, job security not-so-much. Managment seems most interested in hitting numbers, metrics, to hit their bonuses. … Advice to Senior Management: Don't say "I appreciate it" after doing something for a manager. Every manager is scripted… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CGI Group.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!