There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worst company on the planet

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Software Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would say there are not any Pros.

Cons

You can't reach your folks. They don't respond to mail, voice messages. They won't live up to their words, despite you fulfill your commitment and demonstrate that over and over.

Fire your management if they don't respond to employees and others mails and voice messages. You need a major rehaul from top to bottom especially at Managers and Directors level in DC metro area. They screwed up big time as we all know. And I see that they continue to do it every single day.

1330 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

A lost cog.

Current Employee - Business Process Engineer
    Current Employee - Business Process Engineer

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to work from home without burdensome managers' administrative requirements.

Cons

After your first contracted assignment, you will learn that you are a cog to be sold by directors (which are really just sales people). There doesn't appear to be any company culture. The CGI intranet is a confusing trainwreck that's impossible to navigate without specific direction.

Don't let that US Enterprise Markets SVP, Pete Ihrig, give any more speeches about leadership using caricatures of historical figures. If you just listened to Pete, you would think leadership is about making people obey you when you make a decision everyone disagrees with.

Worst employer I have ever had

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at CGI Group full-time

Pros

Decent salary until you divide it into the hours actually worked.

Cons

Yes, flexible schedule, you can pick which 10-12 hours you want to work, but you are also expected to be available during "Banker's hours".

How about doing some work to help meet deadlines instead of just "supervising", taking off for appointments, and lunches? Interesting how you can bill a Federal contract because you have your cell phone with you in case the employees you "supervise" had a question. No one ever did of course, we were too busy trying to meet "productivity" guidelines that senior management knew were impossible to accomplish in 8 hours.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!