There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

I love working here!

Current Employee - Consultant in Belton, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Belton, TX

I have been working at CGI Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Organizational Pride, Excellent top-down communication, great on-line training opportunities, flexible scheduling, local community involvement, high expectations for all levels

Cons

may involve extensive traveling time away from home and/or long hours for weeks on end. Comp time cap at 40 hours

Better readiness when new staff begin assignment -- passwords and access to all needed systems.

1374 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

Not a good place to work folks

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at CGI Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing I can tell much about, I worked as a contractor for 2 years

Cons

Horrible managers and the treatment to contractors is one of the worst that I have encountered in my 13 years of IT experience.

If you can't manage please take some courses

Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers. Free soda / vending machines. Flexible (for a time) on the ability to work from home.

Cons

- Poor planning and adherence to SDLC best practices. I was on a very high profile project, with intense demands, yet no true project plan or standardized procedures were ever followed, despite being CMMI level 4.

- Extremely convoluted management structure. I received direction from approximately 15 different managers at different levels, often receiving conflicting orders. There was a reorganization of the project 4 times, each time making things more chaotic.

- Lack of communication from management and between teams. The project was very siloed, resulting in teams often coming to different conclusions or creating duplicative work. As the project began to tank, management kept employees less and less informed.

- Poor scope management. Consistently agreed to client requests, without properly analyzing the affect on time and schedule.

- Extremely long hours. Consistently worked 60-80 hour weeks. There was a prison-like atmosphere near the end of the project, where management refused to let employees leave, and held teams in conference rooms for strict, 11 hour shifts while taking attendance.

Come up with a dedicated plan and strict processes before attempting to work on large, federal projects.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group