CGI Group

www.cgi.com

Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGreat coworkers. Free soda / vending machines. Flexible (for a time) on the ability to work from home.

Cons- Poor planning and adherence to SDLC best practices. I was on a very high profile project, with intense demands, yet no true project plan or standardized procedures were ever followed, despite being CMMI level 4.

- Extremely convoluted management structure. I received direction from approximately 15 different managers at different levels, often receiving conflicting orders. There was a reorganization of the project 4 times, each time making things more chaotic.

- Lack of communication from management and between teams. The project was very siloed, resulting in teams often coming to different conclusions or creating duplicative work. As the project began to tank, management kept employees less and less informed.

- Poor scope management. Consistently agreed to client requests, without properly analyzing the affect on time and schedule.

- Extremely long hours. Consistently worked 60-80 hour weeks. There was a prison-like atmosphere near the end of the project, where management refused to let employees leave, and held teams in conference rooms for strict, 11 hour shifts while taking attendance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a dedicated plan and strict processes before attempting to work on large, federal projects.

Lack of communication. Disorganized - if they don't like you, they will find a way to get rid of you. (Read Cons)

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

I worked at CGI Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Average salary. Flexible hours. Good start. Cons: If the company wants to replace you any time they send you to special program and they will make sure you will fail it, eventually… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees. Coordinate work in a better 'professional way'. I agree with other reviewer that had the same treatment on this - Please investigate the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Employees treated as a commodity.

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros: Good people to work with. The commute isn't too bad for the region although it would be more of an attraction if it were… Cons: The budget is the most important consideration in decisions resulting in services to employees less than what they could be. The continued focus… Advice to Senior Management: Consider a mindset of investing in employees rather than a strict bottom-line. If you continue to… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CGI Group.

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!