There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Good company- Poor life/work balance

I worked at CGI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Compensation is at or above average. My management was very flexible and reasonable. There are many opportunities for growth and training.

Cons

Long hours and unplanned, last minute maintenance windows. Interfered with life/work balance. Working nights and weekends extensively is required. Not enough resources allocated to large projects.

Obtain more resources to handle the workload and keep project managers in check.

1318 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

Good

I have been working at CGI Group

Pros

I don't have anything good about CGI

Cons

Decision making is very slow. Too many levels on approvals

Top heavy company filled with overly ambitious sycophants.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator  in  Fort Bragg, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Bragg, NC

I have been working at CGI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive for the area, and the work is interesting.

Cons

HR is centralized so your issues will *not* be addressed. Too many managers all of whom disagree on how best to approach the project which translates to low morale, and inferior deliverables. The worst onboarding experience I've ever experienced which lasts for months. Getting a raise, even if taking a higher paying job within the project, outside of cycle is impossible. Disorganized connection between middle management and upper management leads to confusion on objectives. Also, as of Jan. 2014 all health benefits have been cut from PPO to CDHP/HSA where almost no services are covered, which means your healthcare costs will have to come from your previously competitive salary.

Take employee complaints more seriously, my office has been an HR nightmare centered around a single manager, and literally nothing has been done while the talent is dropping like flies endangering the project's future.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!