There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

CGI has some promise for new college hires, but veterans should stay away

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

The ESSP is very good at 100% match

Cons

Low pay, slow promotion schedule, very little in the way of positive feedback was the standard all four years I worked at the company. I shouldn't need to fight with management to get a raise that beats inflation.

I would suggest they work on lowering their costs in other ways than not giving their employees competitive raises.

1325 Other Employee Reviews for CGI Group (View Most Recent)

Great for fresh college graduates for a few years

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

Flex and comp time, friendly people, colleagial environment, work hours are not too bad, generous vacation policy, nice location. Reasonable salary at very manageable hours. Good compensation package (dental, medical). Flexible cultur e.

Cons

lack of career path, most clients are in Government, need to expand to other commercial sectors such as financial services, tele com, health care, transportation. Sell themselves as 'business' consulting but in reality they only do IT consulting. Lack of positioning agains competitors such as accenture or kpmg. Jobs sometimes are not challenging. Management lack of focus on how to position itself as a value added partner.

Be strategic. Expand to other industries that are less dependent on the government sector

C

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at CGI Group

Pros

some of the co-workers. It depends on what office you work in. Canadian employees are treated great, the US employees, not so much.

Cons

Unless you want to be stuck outsourcing your entire life, forget it.

stop looking for the $50 million contract, and get your foot in the door with people at $500K - $2M. Then, if you prove yourself, maybe you'll land that bigger contract.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI Group

Worked for CGI Group? Contribute to the Community!