CGI

Very smart leadership; Figure out - get in or out of the US Comm'l market

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at CGI

Pros

Very smart people - leadership especially in Federal and State and Local

Good rewards - stock purchase is great

Proud to be part of CGI, history

Cons

CGI has yet to come to grips with the Commercial market. Need to invest and brand - likely need an acquisition

Figure out the commercial space - get in with some investment or get out.

1455 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

Great company but very cost conscious

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great life-work balance, good benefits, good business model

Cons

Not exciting company, not for somebody who is looking for a dynamic company, too many positions offshore which keeps compensation low. If possible projects are stuffed with people from offshore locations.

They are doing good job for shareholders (employees as well since benefits package is good) but it is not an attractive, dynamic company to work for. Company has low visibility in US. Too cost conscious ...

CGI Federal is almost like working for Stanley

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at CGI

Pros

CGI bought Stanley Associates which bought Morgan Research. It is too early to tell. The local management is still a group I am proud to work with. They are a well oiled machine that cares. Now the big company, with management out of Washington DC/Toronto CA ... time will tell. So far the changes have been limited, but resolution of those hat have resulted are more cumbersome.

Cons

I am just a person that as long as government funds fund my position, and the government approves of my performance, CGI will be glad to rent me out. But that too has its advantages.

Again, local management are great individuals to work with. Keep the corporate folks aware that we knew what we were doing before they bought us, and we can continue to grow if they support and not siphon.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI