CGI

www.cgi.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for CGI

Great company but tight wallet

Current Employee - Service Desk Team Lead in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Service Desk Team Lead in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great flexiblity and good benefits

Cons

Needs to have more competive salary packages

offer more competive salary packages

1562 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

I'm glad someone brought it up!

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The people at CGI Federal in general are amazing individuals. I approve of the folks I work with every single day.

Cons

The company philosophy is very strange. We are all required to "sell" and some of us don't even have a commission plan. Everyday I hear the three directors I report to complain about having to enter meetings with clients and these guys are not sales people either. Very strange.

Don't you have sales people?

Worst place to work if you are in professional business development

Former Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CGI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice products and solutions but that is about it.

Cons

Poor commission plan that even when you sell two or three deals, they find ways not to pay you. I've never seen a more subjective commission plan in my entire life in business development. If you expect to make anything comparable to other BD opportunities, stay away!! Business Unit managers find numerous ways to not pay. The in-fighting among BU managers is absolutely terrible. 11 Business Development professionals either left or were fired. The ones who were fired weren't because of their poor performance but because of the lack of Senior management and executive oversight. Some BD professionals were fired within 15 months of employment. In the Federal world it takes that long just to get something going. The hands off mentality and no guidance is absolutely terrible. The biggest problem is the absolutely LACK of cohesion. BU managers lying and cheating each other and most of all their employees. Directors get the shaft most of the time and the VP's mostly get promoted because they've been there a long time or because of nepotism. NOT because of quality and actually winning deals. Absolutely the worst company to be paid by. Just look on the street to see how many "X" CGI business developers there are.

Learn what REAL business development is. Socialistic BS doesn't work when you want to actually win deals. What the heck is wrong with you people!?!

There are newer employer reviews for CGI