CGI

www.cgi.com
There are newer employer reviews for CGI

Very satisfied with the CGI culture, especially when involved in a good project.

Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in Markham, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in Markham, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

* Opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects
* Many different positions available to diversify one's skillset

Cons

* CGI asks employees to take vacation when work is unavailable (up to 2 weeks vacation that has not yet been earned)

1491 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

Great potential, but taken a downturn in recent years

Current Employee - Consultant in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Markham, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the company itself operates as smaller business units, which means smaller (mostly) teams. It varies team-to-team, but I was fortunate to be part of a great team, with directors and managers who genuinely care about our advancement, and do their best to put us in roles conducive to our advancement.

Cons

Leadership in the last few years as been pushing more and more towards operational efficiency than making employees feel like employees. As others have said, we are treated as contractors, with none of the benefits (salary and compensation) and all of the risks (temporary layoffs for those not on projects, and the risk to employees that if they're on the bench for too long, they can get laid off).

Consider prioritizing employees over saving a penny here and there. There are few teams who still have managers and directors who genuinely care about their teams, yet you constrain them by restricting their teams training, and focusing more and more on time sheets, and making money than putting time and money into advancing their careers, options. No bonuses for the last two years (2011's barely counts as a bonus), yet CGI's doing great on the books ... not impressed, emplyoees overall feel used, unappreciated and unnecessary.

Job Security and Proper balance between Personal and work life

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Work culture, Good Salary as per market.

Cons

I dont understand the escalation Hierarchy, No proper utilization of Human resource

Make proper management of resources, like if a member is good in something try to make use of that by allowing members to utilize their subject of interest. Its good that members are motivated to work in different technologies

There are newer employer reviews for CGI