I love working here!

Current Employee - Consultant in Belton, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Belton, TX

I have been working at CGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Organizational Pride, Excellent top-down communication, great on-line training opportunities, flexible scheduling, local community involvement, high expectations for all levels

Cons

may involve extensive traveling time away from home and/or long hours for weeks on end. Comp time cap at 40 hours

Advice to Management

Better readiness when new staff begin assignment -- passwords and access to all needed systems.

Other Employee Reviews for CGI

Not a good place to work folks

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at CGI as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing I can tell much about, I worked as a contractor for 2 years

Cons

Horrible managers and the treatment to contractors is one of the worst that I have encountered in my 13 years of IT experience.

Advice to Management

If you can't manage please take some courses

CGI Fails to Deliver as Promised!

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at CGI as a contractor

Pros

They present lucrative offers and put on a great dog and pony show. CGI brags that 2013 had record-breaking profits!

Cons

CGI's leadership speaks fluff and their people are disappointingly backstabbers. If you disclose an idea, don't be surprised if it's stolen by a colleague and represented as their own. CGI offers absolutely no onboarding or training for new hires. CGI leadership prefers to sign contracts after lots of negotiation, then hits their clients up with Change Orders. After the failed Obama Care project, CGI lost a bunch of clients. I'm guessing that those clients felt empathy for the US Government as their own experience was likely similar.

Advice to Management

Clean up your house! Being greedy and sneaky is not a characteristic that potential employees appreciate, especially when you backstab your own people. Develop a reasonable onboarding plan that develops the skill sets, not destroys confidence.