CGI

There are newer employer reviews for CGI

CGI Is A Dysfunctional, Blended Family

Current Employee - Multimedia Specialist in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Multimedia Specialist in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a very stable company. With so many markets and regions under its divisions, CGI can provide the option of transfers in your immediate area or around the country. For those with varied IT interests, you have many options here.

Also, CGI provides the benefits that employees who've worked in the professional corporate environment are used to: health care, life crisis solutions (free counseling, adoption support) and internal professional mentoring (if you're not on one of the contracts).

Cons

CGI has doubled in size since it acquired my former company 4 years ago through subsequent mergers.

If you work on a contract in the federal side of the business, you will feel like a stepchild. I work on one of the most high-profile defense projects and we've had 4 Program Managers i just over 2 years. Only one stayed close to a year. But the turnover is seen throughout our office. There is zero harmony or morale among our ranks. And ideas to revitalize our respective departments are often overlooked.

Invest in leadership! Bring people who are motivated to drive the passion of the business. There's no camaraderie, and therefore no collective incentive to persevere.

Turnover at the top is one of the most counteractive forces in the work environment.

1404 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

Decent employer who gutted health benefits this year.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Durham, NC

I worked at CGI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary is average, Stock purchase plan (3% match to your 3%) is excellent. Flexibility of onsite / offsite work is good.

Cons

Benefits were gutted this year, but upper management insists they are "competitive". Many employees actually laughed at the description at the benefits meeting in 4th Qtr 2013. Raises are pitiful. No compensation for overtime, and the comp time program is a joke. Company claims to be "employee centered" but is organized to maximize profits over employee satisfaction.

Former employee

I worked at CGI

Pros

Flexibility (but this is contract dependant), benefits (though they changed just after I left)

Cons

Advancement depends on relationships and if you have found the right champion

There are newer employer reviews for CGI