CGI

www.cgi.com
  www.cgi.com
There are newer employer reviews for CGI

Plan on Working

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The salary, if you get it coming thru the door otherwise you will never get it unless you attempt to quit.

Cons

They take on more projects/contracts than they have people for and ride all those left to try and cover the load. This forces people to take on more than they should and the work/life balance suffers.

Pay the people you have and then they won't walk. Then you might have enough people support projects/contracts.

1454 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

Laid back enviornment

Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CGI full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is descent, benefits medium, good life and work balance allowance.

Cons

Many team members are overworked and underpaid. Work assignments change frequently for hourly team members.

Listen to team members feedback, good/bad or indifferent.

Good money, MEH employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary for my position, corporate profit sharing and benefits are good. I split work between 50% home / 50% in suburban location based on my activity. Large company trying to do well for upper tier employees that are not direct bill to clients. Very international flavor, as French Canadian HQ with large US and European operations.

Cons

Lower tier employees treated like Kleenex; used and then disposed of. I see lots of new grad's used hard while probably being paid at very low end of spectrum. This is typical of Services company which needs to sell staff cheaply to maintain corporate margins. Staff are quickly cut when then are not billable. My experience is they have very inconsistent personnel quality in sales & business development.

Very distinct left wing political atmosphere.

Work swings widely between extreme overload and nothing. Work forty days straight, then not anything new for two weeks. In almost to years there, I have never had my manager stop by and talk with me one-on-one about anything. Contacts have been 10 word email instructions to engage someone on a task and a 10 minute mandatory annual review. In my group, no sense of team or bond. leading to lots of hiding when work is passed out.

Internal disorganization and political empire building are costing contracts and business. Stop relying so heavily on political cronies for US Federal business. You have the most incompetent IT department I've seen in 25+ years in IT.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI