CGI

www.cgi.com
  www.cgi.com
There are newer employer reviews for CGI

learn a lot but no incentive to stay

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CGI

Pros

young, learn alot and a good amount of vacation days. The enironment is fun and crossfunctional. There are also options to move across projects easily.

Cons

not much compensation and hard to move up. Managers don't listen to training requests and don't mind piling on work.

listen to employees more. have more reviews and make sure to progress employees careers by teaching them and having one on one time with them.

1454 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

Mixed bag

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CGI

Pros

I love the people that I work with. I always have. When I am asked why I have remained with the firm, my number one response has always been this. The work experience has been good and has helped me acquire useful skills.

Cons

Project time lines are usually painful, pushing a huge amount of work into a little bit of time. The bench policy for people in between projects is restrictive. Regional upper management seems unstable, with people rotating in and out every few months. Why does this happen?

Recently, the stock price has done well, which makes the ESPP more attractive. Whatever you are doing, please keep it up.

CGI - flextime is great, but you'll work many hours

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI

Pros

CGI allows for flexible work schedule with certain positions and the ability to telecommute - a beneift to many employees.

Cons

The bench policy is an issue with many employees.
    Because of the business unit model, not all internal functions are adequately aligned.
    Employees regularly work long hours.

A call for transparency...there's no cause to have employees try to read between the lines.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI