CGI

Family man company

Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CGI

Pros

great work/life balance.
Growing Company.
Coworkers are bright and down to earth
Managers are very approachable
opportunities to fit into new roles

Cons

no career advancement what so ever. Because of the work life balance, management is too busy attending to their personal lives than worrying about your career.

look after your career driven employees . low annual increases with increased responsibility and same job title doesn't motivate people to work harder.

1455 Other Employee Reviews for CGI (View Most Recent)

learn a lot but no incentive to stay

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CGI

Pros

young, learn alot and a good amount of vacation days. The enironment is fun and crossfunctional. There are also options to move across projects easily.

Cons

not much compensation and hard to move up. Managers don't listen to training requests and don't mind piling on work.

listen to employees more. have more reviews and make sure to progress employees careers by teaching them and having one on one time with them.

Mixed bag

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CGI

Pros

I love the people that I work with. I always have. When I am asked why I have remained with the firm, my number one response has always been this. The work experience has been good and has helped me acquire useful skills.

Cons

Project time lines are usually painful, pushing a huge amount of work into a little bit of time. The bench policy for people in between projects is restrictive. Regional upper management seems unstable, with people rotating in and out every few months. Why does this happen?

Recently, the stock price has done well, which makes the ESPP more attractive. Whatever you are doing, please keep it up.

There are newer employer reviews for CGI