There are newer employer reviews for CGI

CGI was a good place to work

I worked at CGI

Pros

The work was challenging and allowed me to learn quite a bit about all the companies that I work with.

Cons

The downturn in outsourcing business, especially at the software giant in Redmond, resulted in quite a few people being placed on the bench and subsequent layoffs.

Advice to Management

Turn-over in local management did not help the situation

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

OK place

I worked at CGI

Pros

Nice people Nice office Good work/life balance

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities

Advice to Management

professional development

2. Unstable Org Structure, Not Loyal to Employees

Former Employee - Director Consulting
    Former Employee - Director Consulting

I worked at CGI

Pros

CGI has some of the best people I've ever worked with. They are smart, savvy, hardworking and really willing to get the job done. Benefits are decent for the industry, stock purchase matching plan is definitely above average Canadian management team clearly cares about the staff and communicates well about what is going on corporately.

Cons

US organization very unstable - I had 11 bosses in 5 years and went through 5 major reorgs Current management style is to cut people if they can't be billable within 3 weeks so you are essentially treated as if you are a contractor, only with benefits Seniority, experience and contribution to the company mean nothing if you 'hit the bench' and an assignment can't be found for you within the 3 week time period.

Advice to Management

This was such a great company when I started. I really loved my job. But the new management seems to care little about the staff or about building the business, and more about squeezing every dollar of profit out of the clients. Very sad decline of what was a great company.