Good place to launch a career in management consulting

Former Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CGN Global full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CGN is a good place to launch a career in consulting. The company provides you with great opportunities for professional advancement. Unlike working in larger consulting companies, you are exposed to a wide variety of projects which helps develop cross-functional skills. You also get to work with some of the smartest people you will meet in your career. Innovation and new ideas are highly encouraged by the top management and the company provides you with the freedom to execute the ideas.

Cons

As is typical of most consulting companies, work hours could be long based on project requirements and deadlines. Work pressure is high as often you have to work in an unstructured environment but CGN also provides you with the flexibility to manage your time.

Other Reviews for CGN Global

Flexible, fun work enviroment. Innovative, strategic company

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Peoria, IL

I have been working at CGN Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working here for almost three years and thoroughly enjoy the flexibility, challenges, and innovations of my job. Almost everyday I am challenged with new opportunities and unique projects. This small to midsize company has a global reach with a positive work environment and many opportunities to expand your professional expertise.

Cons

With innovation, comes lots of change. The many areas and industries of our business tend to expand/retract based on the ever constant changing marketplace.

I worked there for over 10 years and was very happy with my experiences there.

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager  in  Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Peoria, IL

I worked at CGN Global as a contractor for more than 8 years

Pros

The company always listens to its employees and more often then not will change its activities to help the employees out.

Cons

Hard to get raises, they are there, but it takes a while to get them.

Keep listening to your employees, they really want to help the company with hits practices.

There are newer employer reviews for CGN Global.

Worked for CGN Global? Contribute to the Community!