There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Structural Intern Pay

Former Employee - Structural Engineering Intern  in  Anchorage, AK
Former Employee - Structural Engineering Intern in Anchorage, AK

I worked at CH2M HILL

Pros

Good pay, benefits, rewarding job

Cons

Sitting behind all dcay desk

Make sure people are staying busy

336 Other Employee Reviews for CH2M HILL (View Most Recent)

CH2M HILL is one of a best place to work!

Current Employee - Staff Engineer II  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer II in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at CH2M HILL

Pros

Big company = a lot of opportunities

Cons

too big = You have to really do well on your job to get notice, health benefit could be better.

promotion is slow. That's why I so see many (I mean many) people leave the company for promotion.

Not one of the Top 100 to work for.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at CH2M HILL

Pros

Depending on your career field, there are a lot of opportunities at CH2M Hill. The pay scale seems to be very good based on what I've seen in other positions. The company does offer a lot of extra perks as benefits and the main campus has a gym and cafeteria, which makes things nice. Overall, the workers are very friendly and willing to help out when they can. There are a lot of opportunities for travel abroad depending on your position and willingness to go without much return time. The physical work environment is nice with new furniture, cubes, laptops, etc.

Cons

The medical benefits are probably the worst thing about working at this company. Compared to other places I have worked, they are very expensive and lacking in coverage and, depending on the plan, have pretty ridiculous deductibles. This was shocking for a company of this size. The work life balance seems to be hit or miss depending entirely on the department you work for. Some departments are very good from what I hear, however, the two I worked in were lacking with managers that did nothing but wok and expected the same. On this same topic, time off can be an issue as it is based on PTO and not a vacation/sick time schedule. This is not the most beneficial set up if you have children as you tend to burn all of your time taking care of sick kids, etc. In addition, the vacation days are lacking and if they decide to "let you go early" the day before a holiday, it is expected that you have either made the hours up or will use PTO to cover them.

Management needs to work on the benefits package to make it more equitable to other companies this size. They also need to work to make sure the work life balance is the same across the company and not just a departmental thing as this makes it pretty frustrating for those coming in believing the "Best Companies to work for" thing and then hit a bad department. Need to humanize their communications. Although the CEO/COO writes a blog to keep people up, major issues like lay-offs are glazed over and couched in hidden terms while it is very clear that the important thing is maintaing share price and not the workers.

There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!