There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Mehhh

Current Employee - Procurement
Current Employee - Procurement

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent salary.
Pays the bills.
Publications and clients think company is great.

Cons

Horrible integration of acquisitions
CEO gets paid WAY too much
I miss Ralph

Retire.

Quit paying people to do nothing. I don't care how old you are or how long you've been with CH, pay people what they deserve.

338 Other Employee Reviews for CH2M HILL (View Most Recent)

Not sure what to put here

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule and good co workers

Cons

The health care that the company offers is below average.

Already Bad, Getting Worse Fast

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer

I have been working at CH2M HILL

Pros

Flexible work schedules are great. As long as you get 80 hours in a two week period, you can work whatever hours in any day you want. This is pretty much the only good thing I can point out right now.

Cons

The downward trajectory of this company really took off when Lee McIntire took over. It appears he is doing whatever he can to grow the company and increase stock prices (at the detriment of his employee's well being), so he can enjoy his ridiculous stock-options.

This review is for the Environmental Business group only.

Nearly impossible to get recognized.
    Quotas on job performace. Only 20% of staff can exceed expectations, lumping 80% of employees into "average" reviews.
    Average 2.5% raises last 4 years, while the new CEO has raised his compenstation by nearly 1,000% in the same time frame (from $700,000 to over $12 million).
    Company's 5 year plan is to grow for the sake of growing. Had 23,000 employees in 2010, goal is to have 40,000 by 2015. No real reason for this has been explained.
    Stock prices are increasing steadily, but it's not necessarily a good thing. Executives are limiting the amount of compensation to employees in order to artificially drive up share prices.
    We keep hearing we have had another record year, yet we need to cut back on overhead costs, be 100% billable, and get miniscule raises that do not even keep up with inflation.
    Salaries are at least 15% lower than competitor's salaries.
    Morale is ridiculously low. If upper management does not see this in the very near future, CH2M HILL will experience a massive brain drain to its competitiors.

Treat your employees with respect.
    No quotas on job performance. If employees perform well, recognize their efforts.
    Pay your employees more. Enough with 2% raises, when you tour the offices bragging about shattering last year's planned revenue and profits.
    Be honest with employees.
    Explain your strategies better.

There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!